I am feeling very discouraged....any tips?

disney..lover
on 11/30/11 12:46 am
Hi.....
I had surgery on April 25th, 2011...My weight that day was 216, my weight today is 133, and I know is 83 pounds lost, but I still want to loose 13 pounds, I am only 5'3. But I have been in the same weight for more than 6 weeks ....
I don't know what I am doing wrong......
Any tips in how to get out of this horrible stall that is driving me insane?

Thanks.....
Sharon G.
on 11/30/11 1:01 am - maple grove, MN
I feel your pain!  I am 10 weeks out from my surgery an I have lost 45 lbs.  I am at a stall and I to don't what I am doing wrong.  I have been this same weight for more than 1.5 weeks.  I am drinking my water, eating my protein, not drinking with meals.  Limiting my carbs, not exercising as much as I could be.  Maybe that is what I am needing...ugh this is hard....
Reesheda H.
on 11/30/11 1:06 am - Jackson, MS
Hey try adjusting your calories.  Eat high calories for a few days then switch to smaller number of calories.  This is what helped me break my stall.  I was eating the same amount of calories or around the same amount everyday.  I think my body had adjusted to that and for this reason I stalled.  try and see if the scale doesnt respond!!

webwolf
on 11/30/11 1:34 am
Just keep at it.  I've gone through a similar thing.  Stalls last me around 4 weeks.  Best thing you can do is to track your intake via food journal.  I got lazy on this and recently started it back up.  It pointed out that I was taking in too much complex carbs vs simple carbs (veggies).  Once I started monitoring my intake more closely the stalls were shorter, but still occur. Also make sure you don't exceed your portion size and still get your protein in.  I was told that my capacity would be 1/2 cup at 6 months and 1 cup at the end of a year.  Your pouch will get stretched if you "chronically" over-fill it and will not shrink back.

Hang in there... it will move.
Ramie A.
on 11/30/11 2:14 am - Bronx, New York, NY
At 5'3", your ideal weight is right around 130.  I would think that you'd have to go to pretty extreme measures (lots of exercise, really strict on the carbs, etc.) to get down to 120.  I know it's a little soon to say you're done losing, but you've come really far in that short amount of time.  This said, maybe your body is trying to catch up? 

Like you, I'm a lightweight.  My starting weight was 189 and I had surgery on 8/17 of this year.  I've lost 35 lbs and hope to get to 130.
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

Eliza55
on 11/30/11 2:15 am - PA
You're in a time where there is slower weight loss.  You might try adding weight training to your exercise routine.  Since I started some weight training, I  have been losing faster than previously.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Most Active
Recent Topics