Pouch Rules for Dummies

LosingSally
on 12/3/11 6:58 pm
Not my rules, but I've seen thios several times through the years, and lots of the advice worked for me.
Pouch Rules for Dummies
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/3/11 9:37 pm, edited 12/3/11 9:40 pm - OH
Just a note to the newbies... this pops up here every few months, and should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Number one, it is based on articles that are anywhere from 30 to 15 years old (30 years old is practically ancient in medical terms... the surgery was VERY different then... and doctors have learned a LOT in just the last 30 years about what works and does not, and have changed many of their recommendations for very good reasons).

Number two, probably because of it's age, there are several things in here that are very questionable  -- e.g., eating only 3 times per day but eating exactly 5 hours apart (that would cause many people not to get enough nutrition or to experience hypoglycemia episodes), waiting 1.5 - 2 hours after eating to drink (you will NEVER get your daily water in if you try to wait so long), and the whole water loading thing) -- so be sure to follow the "rules" given by YOUR surgeon (or follow what you have found works for you based on personal experience).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Loveshinesthru
on 12/4/11 4:09 am - Mesa, AZ
 Thanks.

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Most Active
Recent Topics