I have no energy and Im seriously dragging ass

Maria G.
on 12/5/11 7:08 am - VA

My surgery date is the 14th and I started my liquid diet on the 1st. For the last 4 days I feel exhausted all the time, like I have been running a million mile marathon. I have NO desire to do anything and when I finally do, I ache all over.    HELL.......... I ache all over even if I do nothing at all. 
Has anyone ever gone through this or know whats possibly going on with me.  I have my pre op visit with the surgeon on thursday hopefully I can get some answers from him.

Thanks in advance

twellington1
on 12/5/11 7:57 am - NH
Congratulations your body is getting ready for surgery!!  I felt terrible the two weeks before surgery could not get out of my own way. In fact up until about a week ago I felt that way most days ( I am a  2 months post op).  It will get better just be patient with yourself and listen to your body.

poet_kelly
on 12/5/11 10:02 am - OH
How many calories are you getting?  How much protein?  How much liquid?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Maria G.
on 12/5/11 10:38 am - VA
Well for breakfast I have an 8oz glass of 1% milk with 1 scoop of protein powder and 4oz of unsweetened apple juice = 265 calories, 28g protein, for lunch I have a protein shake = 110 calories and 30g protein and for dinner I can eat 4oz of protein and 4oz of a veggie and I dont know how to do the math for that (lol) Oh and I get in my 64oz of water as well so other than the dinner part I'm getting in 425 calories and 58g of protein but that's not including what I eat for dinner which is usually chicken or pork or fish with beets, green beans or cauliflower. So what am I doing wrong here? HELP!!!

poet_kelly
on 12/5/11 10:43 am - OH
Sounds like you're not doing anything wrong.  You're getting enough protein and enough fluids, but you're on a much lower calories diet than your body is used to.  And probably a lot less carbs than you're used to, too.  I don't think there is anything to do for it but ride it out.  Get some extra sleep if you can.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Maria G.
on 12/5/11 10:49 am - VA
Thanks Kelly, I have no carbs what so ever. I was just starting to think that there was/is something REALLY wrong with me, Ive never felt this way before, then again Ive never prepared for RNY before either (lol) It will all be over next wednesday. WOO HOO   Its been a long time coming.

poet_kelly
on 12/5/11 10:52 am - OH
You have some carbs in the skim milk and the veggies and I think in the apple juice too.  You just don't have any starchy carbs.  and it's fine you have a few, your body needs carbs.  Just not refined carbs like white bread and crackers and candy.

Yeah, you have just over a week to hold on, then this pre op diet will be behind you.  Good luck next week.

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 1:51 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Are you taking any multi-vitamins & supplements? You didn't mention that in your post. I'd like to suggest that you make sure that your B12 in particular is being taken. You's be surprised at how much that helps. GNC has a great B complex liquid you put a dropper-full in a glass of water and it has very little taste.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics