WLS status update & a request

Somayeh
on 12/5/11 8:09 pm - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 Hey guys,

I posted a few weeks ago about being denied for RNY by my insurance because it's travel insurance and I am on study abroad for 6 more months. Luckily, there is a clinical trial nearby for a new WLS proceedure called TOGA or Transoral Gastoplasty (http://www.obesityhelp.com/ohblog/cmsID,16528/mode,content/). I'm scheduled to meet with the professor running the study at the University in Brussels, Belgium tomorrow, and I am really excited!! From what I can tell, the trial doesn't begin until after the new year, so I have a pretty good chance of being one of the first applicants screened. Wish me luck & I promise to keep you guys posted.

And now, for my request:

Since the procedure is still in the clinical trial stage & not widely used, there aren't any forums I can join for moral support, questions and/or accountability. Also, since RNY was my first choice for surgery, this is the board I've read & posted on the most. Would you guys mind making me an honorary RNYer so I can stick around and share in the info & support this board has? It's a great community and I think you folks are just lovely.

Thanks!
Somayeh

Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
Mary B.
on 12/6/11 12:13 am - Southern, MD
Good luck to you!! Looks interesting. Let us know how it goes.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics