Didn't make it home in time....

Trish S.
on 12/7/11 9:44 pm - Upstate , NY
So, I was released from the hospital yesterday morning, and my husband called and said he was running an hour behind......He said he would explain later.  I didn't know until the 2 hour ride home from the hospital, that our 14 year old black lab had a bowel movement in our bedroom in the morning....which she has NEVER done before......He said she was breathing hard, so he woke my 22 year old son to watch her while he came to get me from the hospital.  My son called us on the way home and said he was taking her to the vet because of difficulty breathing.......she passed away in route to the vet....I never even got to see her before she passed.......losing a pet is soooo hard.  Seeing my son so torn up is so hard..... We loved her so much....
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Liz J.
on 12/7/11 10:06 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Im very sorry for your loss. All dogs go to heaven.
Lileee
on 12/7/11 10:15 pm
Awwwwwww...  Im Sooooooooooooo SORRY!!!  i will pray for your poor baby...  poor thing!!! i wonder what happened...  poor thing...  OMG...  i really REALLY feel for you!!! at least Whatever made that happen Wont EVER Happen Again...  She is In Heaven Now and HAPPY AS CAN BE!!!  just SMILE because You KNOW She Loved You!!! 

Start Weight 275 - im 52yrs Old - 5'7"

had my RNY January 10th 2011

275/230!!!/150

PamLane
on 12/7/11 10:19 pm - Houston, TX
I truly feel your pain and am sorry for your loss. Pets become family members and I noticed how quiet it was in the house when our 14 year old Lab passed. God bless.
gbsinsatx
on 12/7/11 10:21 pm - San Antonio, TX
 So sorry to hear about your loss. I pray God gives you and your family His perfect peace during this difficult time. 

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

maggaggie
on 12/7/11 10:25 pm - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost two in the same week. It was really tough on the kids.
Jamie B.
on 12/7/11 10:41 pm - MI
Awww...Trish...thats so sad. I am so sorry for your loss.

I wish dogs had a longer life span! Its one of the unfair parts of life!!

My moms dog passed like that recently, she took some solace in knowing the dog never got sick..or was in pain...she just lived her life and then one day her breathing became labored...and within an hour she passed as well....she was dreading the thought of having to make the decision to put her down herself.

Take care of each other...and I'm sure your son has some great memories...dogs are the best! 
Jamie        
Monica M.
on 12/7/11 10:51 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

oh my god. My condolences. I lost my dog in May this year. No one else in the family got to be with him before he passed, i was all by myself at the vet with him. He had difficulty breathing as well. It's so sad, i still miss him every day. Big hugs.

charb149
on 12/7/11 11:51 pm
 So sorry for your loss. Even though they are just animals (as people who have none always say) They are a great part of our families. God will help you through this and guide you un you'r WL journey.
Claudia

michelle.z
on 12/8/11 12:33 am - Barberton, OH
I'm so sorry about your loss. They are a part of our families that we just don't seem to have enough years with, and it's hard when we lose them. I hope that you and your family find comfort in the kindness of other people who have had the same loss, and I hope you a good recovery from your surgery. God Bless.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 397 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 386 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 127 views