Isopure Yuck

mikjul1
on 12/10/11 4:22 am - bel air, MD
I do not like the after taste of isopure can not wait to be on full liquids tomm. to have my protein shake from nectar.
Trish S.
on 12/10/11 4:31 am - Upstate , NY

Yes, I definitely know what you mean.....it tastes like somebody drank all the milk, left the carton on the counter for days and the poured some liquid in it......that's what we are supposed to drink.....the aftertaste is awful.  I am allowed to have other proteins, so I have found protizyme and unjury....they are both good with no aftertaste...but, it's only my opinion.  Good luck to you!!!

“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

YankeeRose
on 12/10/11 4:38 am - Meadville, PA
Yes Isopure is horrible. Have you tried Cytosport/Cytomax protein drinks? They are much better but are very strong. I like the watermelon which in my opinion tastes like a jolly rancher. The orange tastes kinda like Tang, and the 3rd one is a tropical/coconut type flavor. I like mine poured over a glass of ice which helps to dilute it some.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

poet_kelly
on 12/10/11 4:59 am - OH
I think Cytosport has a much stronger aftertaste.  It's funny how we all taste different things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cherylkas
on 12/10/11 6:01 am - PA
 I LOVE my Isopure...lol but only the Blasck or Green Tea ones...as well as the Smoothies. I can not stand the colorful ones. 

Oh and cytosport or maxx makes me shudder..
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

owlisn
on 12/10/11 6:11 am - NC
 All of those sweet bullets/Isopure drinks are awful to me.  I choke down the bullets so I don't have to think about where the protein is coming from.  Unjury is the best for me.  It was a lifesaver the first week.  
Allison

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/10/11 1:21 pm - OH
 You are wasting your money on the protein bullets.  They are an incomplete protein and your bdy cannot absorb the protein in them, so you a NOT getting in the protein that you think you are!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

paranoidmother21
on 12/10/11 6:40 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Hang on to the Isopure. In another month or so your tastebuds will settle down, and you may find you like it. If not, then give it away. I was astonished by how much my tastes changed after a month.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

mikjul1
on 12/10/11 8:53 am - bel air, MD
thanks for the replies all.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/11 10:27 am
The Isopure RTD's made me sick early out. I love the low-carb Isopure Dutch Chocolate!