Do you think I am done losing weight at 7 mos?

punkinhead
on 12/11/11 8:21 am - CA
I have lost 60 lbs so far and haven't lost anything significantly in the past two months?  The doctor tha****ches my labs at Kaiser said most people lose their weight in the first 6 mos?  Has this been your experience.  I was a lightweight to start but I would like to keep losing....

krissak2
on 12/11/11 8:41 am - IA
you shouldn't be done yet it happens though you stop losing on the scale but your body is still shrinking your clothes will feel loose but the scale is not moving, don't get discouraged. After 3 months post op the weight comes off alot slower.
punkinhead
on 12/11/11 8:48 am - CA
thanks for the encouragement!  I can eat more now but still am very strict on my foods.  I cannot cut back anymore in my opinion.  I try to drink two protein shakes per day as directed by dr. I am only exercising three days per week at the gym but active other times.....I sure hope I am not done yet.  : )

Ladytazz
on 12/11/11 8:48 am
It does slow down the closer you are to goal but you don't have to be done yet if you don't want to be.  Do you track your food?  If not, start doing so and see if there is anywhere you can improve.  Sometimes we get complacent and let things slip in without noticing, a bite here, a taste there and it adds up.  Also make sure you are getting in enough protein and fluids.  That really helped my weight loss.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

punkinhead
on 12/11/11 8:51 am - CA
thanks Tazz  I do write down my food each day but I could cut carbs even more....I just really don't want to give up my banana! hahaha

Ladytazz
on 12/11/11 8:59 am
I kept under 50 grams of carbs a day when I was actively losing.  I made sure all my carbs were from healthy sources, like fruits, vegetables and dairy.  Bananas are good carbs in my opinion.  Now if you were eating something like bread or pasta then I would say you could cut that out.  Those things are best left for after you have reached your weight loss goal.
It is a delicate balance.  You want to make sure you are eating enough so that your body doesn't slow down to conserve calories in case you are starving but you don't want to eat more then your body requires to function or the excess will be stored as fat.  That is why tracking is so good.  If you stay the same weight for an extended period of time then you can assume that you are eating as much as you need for that weight and you may have to cut back to lose more.  Unless you are eating very low calorie, like 1000 or less.  Then you may need to slowly increase that so your body doesn't think you are starving and starts burning calories again.
Have you talked to your NUT?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

punkinhead
on 12/11/11 9:14 am - CA
I do watch my calories too.  I stay at about 1200 per day with 60=70 grams of protein....I can cut out a splurge of a cracker here and there.  5 ritz = 80 calories so I do count them if I eat them....but I can cut that out totally,  I don't eat them everyday.  Once a week I might have one slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter for a meal option.  Mostly I stick to protein, fruit and vegs....thanks for the tips and no I have not talked to a nut

exohexoh
on 12/11/11 9:18 am - West Chester, PA
 i stopped losing for about 3 months around 6 months out, and now i'm down another 25 from there. so you're probably not done, just in a stall. i'm still losing, just slowly.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

paranoidmother21
on 12/11/11 9:48 am - Lake Zurich, IL
Like exohexoh, I stopped losing at about 6 months, and my surgeon said I was done. I'd lost just over 100 pounds, and was very content. At about 8 months, I dropped another 20 pounds, without changing anything. My body just needed to stop and consolidate before it finished up, I guess.

Since then, I dropped another 10 pounds via reconstruction, and put them back on so I stopped looking like skeletor. Maintaining very happily right where I am!
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

punkinhead
on 12/11/11 9:51 am - CA
WOW I am happy to hear about your experiences thanks ladies!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views