Scheduled Plastic Surgeries today. Gulp.

Suite1
on 12/12/11 5:07 am - Dayton, OH
I guess maybe have surgeries is like having babies - you forget pretty quickly about the pain and just look forward to a new way of life.

I had a consult with the plastic surgeon a couple of weeks ago and took the plunge today and scheduled and put down my deposit.   It won't be until March 2nd, because we have a couple of trips planned in Jan & Feb and I didn't want to do anything to interfere with those.

I've been over on the plastics forum of the OH site, but I've always found this group to be very open & sharing.  I'm scheduled for a lower body lift and breast augmentation.   Does anyone here have experience they'd like to share?    I've been on YouTube looking at some of the video blogs there, but most seem to be mostly just tummy tucks and  not the full lower body lift.   I want to go back to the surgeon one more time before my pre-op visit so my husband and I can ask more questions.

What are the ones you wish you had asked but forgot?   Which do you recommend I ask no matter what?   Thanks buddies!!!
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Mindy M.
on 12/12/11 8:28 am

I havent had my surgery yet, but I scheduled my consult in Feb for a breast aug. I still need to wait a little longer to have the TT. I just wanted to wish you luck and a very speedy recovery :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/12/11 9:41 am - OH
The one "must ask" item I can think of is about what follow-up (how often, how long) is covered with the initial surgery fee.  Some surgeons include all follow-ups at no charge no matter what kinds of complications you might develop whereas others cover only a certain number of post-op visits and you get charged for additional offcie visits if you have significant post-op issues.  When my TT incision turned necrotic, I would have gone broke paying for all the additional office visits to cut the dead tissue out and keep checking the wound!

Which surgeon did you decide to use?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Suite1
on 12/13/11 2:09 pm - Dayton, OH
Hey Lora - I decided to go with Dr Rigano.  I heard him speak at our support group this summer and discovered my friend the OR nurse and a former surgeon both have worked with him in the OR and said his work is exquisite.   When I was waiting for my consult, another patient in the lobby offered an unsolicited raving review about his work as well.

Thanks for the tip about follow up visits, especially if something goes wrong.  I still have a lot of research to do.   He told me to plan on 3 weeks for recovery but said I should expect it to be more like 2 given the shape I'm in.   When I mentioned that on the PS forum, one person came back and said good luck with that, she needed 7 full weeks.   I don't think she had any issues or complications so I'm not sure what to expect now. 

I just don't know what I don't know, so I'm not sure what questions to ask.   Hope all is well on your end!
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Most Active
Recent Topics