New Dilemma??? HELP!!!

Nikia S.
on 12/18/11 10:42 am - Garland, TX
Anyone else exepirience this or anyone have any advise:I recently had my lap band removed and now I just want to eat everything in the house. I am going through my 6 month nutrition program to get Gastric Bypass in September.I have already gained about 9 pounds and I only see my self getting bigger. I just cannot seem to get the motivation to lose right now. I do not know if it is because I know I am going to have the surgery soon or if it is something else. PLEASE HELP!!!

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

angelajula
on 12/18/11 10:56 am - Eldersburg, MD
Be very aware. The Dr is monitoring your supervised weight loss during that time. If you gain, HE may deny you surgery. I almost did that myself. I set new rules and I just met his conditions. I've just had my surgery, and have to check my behavior or get sick.

My brother, who tried to warn me I might be screwing things up (but I did not listen), told me this: It's like an organ transplant patient. If a patient needing a new liver continued to drink, smoke, and eat poorly while waiting for a donation, why should that person be a recipient?

Likewise this surgery is not the end all be all to losing weight and keeping it off. It is only a tool. A certain, although small, pecentage of people gain weight back eventually. Challenge yourself.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
Nikia S.
on 12/18/11 11:07 am - Garland, TX
I guess I never looked at it like that. Thanks!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

angelajula
on 12/18/11 12:24 pm - Eldersburg, MD
Your welcome. Take good care.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/11 12:28 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
I am on 3 out of 6 months program like yours. My insurance doesnt require me to gained or loss weight. Just follow your insurance depend on what ins want for you do 6 months loss or gain or not required. Check with them double!
wendydettmer
on 12/18/11 11:35 pm - Rochester, NY
I think it's important to realize that surgeon requirements and insurance requirements are 2 different things.  Insurance didn't care if I gained, but my surgeon's office told me I would be dismissed from the program if I did.  Doctors are allowed to be stricter then insurance.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

karenswindell
on 12/18/11 9:58 pm - bailey, NC
I did not have insurance requirements to loose or gain either, but had a Physician supervised diet for 6 months. I gained 1 pound at the end of the 6 months and when I went to see my surgeon for my final appt. he told me that it was VERY important NOT to gain weight at this time because of the liver. You have to shrink your liver in order for them to preform the surgery. I read up here about people that went in to have thier RYN, were cut, and closed because of a fatty liver. I would listen to my surgeon.....he's the surgeon!!! :)
Nikia S.
on 12/18/11 11:10 pm - Garland, TX
Thank you so much for your advise. I think it was a real eye opener for me last night. I do not have high blood pressure but I ate about 1 cup of salsa and some baked lays not paying attention to the sodium content in the salsa. Well I had a severe headache ALL NIGHT. Talk about pain!! I think that alone is going to set me on the straight and narrow. I truly appreciate the comments you ladies have left for me!! OH site is the BEST!!!

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Most Active
Recent Topics