Business Meeting/training 15 days after surgery... Question

thepromises
on 12/19/11 8:42 pm
RNY on 01/03/12 with
Hi Everyone!

I just got word that the program I am the sysadmin for at my job, has a potential training day exactly 15 days after my surgery... Question for you guys... Do you think it would be feasible for me to be able to go to the training? The portion I would want to go to is in the afternoon, and is about 1 hour away. (I would drive it.) Right now, I have NO problem driving, and my car is very comfortable, and easy to drive. but I would like to know from your experience, would it be actually possible for me to do? 

Also... It is technically my first day back to work after the surgery. I set up 2 weeks and 1 day for me to recover out of work. I handle pain well, and I am a bit headstrong.

I know everyone heals differently, and I know everyone has different experiences... Just want to know the general idea.

Thanks everyone!   
rebeccaj
on 12/19/11 9:13 pm - Bowling Green, KY
 You should be fine, be sure to bring your food with you!!  My biggest issue 15 days after surgery was I was soooo tired!!!  That passed after about 6 weeks or so!

Jamie B.
on 12/19/11 9:26 pm - MI
I was GREAT at 2 weeks out when I returned to work. If you are moving around fine now, I'd try it! Good luck! 
Jamie        
thepromises
on 12/19/11 9:28 pm
RNY on 01/03/12 with
 Sorry i should clarify... My surgery is scheduled for January 3rd. Right now.. (pre op) i'm great. Even going to the gym, and i have a trainer. Yep, it's a total life change, and i'm SO excited for it. 
Raynae S.
on 12/19/11 10:30 pm - PA
At 2 weeks out I was fine. You may have to get up a move around a little during training if its long. Just let someone know that you may need to get up and move a little. Good luck with your surgery!!!

kait8513
on 12/19/11 11:19 pm - FL
RNY on 02/06/12
They scheduled my surgery in the middle of my internship (in Feb), so I will be going back to a 6th grade classroom one week after surgery.... I think you will be fine.  I have a high pain tolerance--- my problem is I tend to overdo it....  just remember to make some YOU time!  I am thinking a nice pedicure may be in order during week 2 ;)
--Kaitlyn
Starting Weight:275     Surgery Weight:255   "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" 

westwoodbob
on 12/20/11 12:39 am - Olympia, WA
I went back to work after one week and just monitored how I was doing. It was hard for me to see difference between sitting at home or sitting at a desk.

I wish you well

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/11 12:50 am
My guess is that you will be okay, everybody is different but I left the hospital on Friday and by Monday I was back at it, getting two elementary school children ready for school, driving them 30 minutes and then at work for a full 8 hours... granted, I have a desk job and everybody's experience is different but barring any complications and with your current level of activity, I'd say you'd probably make it just fine!

Good luck!
thepromises
on 12/20/11 1:10 am
RNY on 01/03/12 with
 well good then! I had a feeling i'd be ok, but just wanted some opinions. Thank you everyone!! :) 
angelajula
on 12/20/11 1:10 am - Eldersburg, MD
Sure. I went to class the same evening I got out of the hospital. No biggie. Someone else had to drive me b/c I was still on pain meds. Also remember your lifting restrictions and be prepared with a game plan if you'll be lugging around more than 10Lbs. It is to prevent developing a hernia, which is not fun and needs another surgery to correct. Also have a way to bring your liquids/protein with you.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 6 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views