I have the answer for gas pressure!!! :-)

sandyinbrookings
on 12/23/11 8:35 am - OR
I had been having the most painful gas pressure and was telling my chiropractor about this. He suggested drinking a very small amount of buttermilk, yes I know it sounds just terrible. I was quite skeptical since I have tried just about everything at this point, I figured "hey what have I got to loose?" I sipped no more than 2 onces and within 5 minutes the gas pressure was gone!!! So anyone out there that is having this problem (I know it is not the best tasting stuff in the world) but boy it actually worked. I had tried Gax-x, walking, changing from milk to soy, a heating pad on my stomache and this was the only thing that has given an kind of relief.
No one can lower your self-esteem unless you give them permission.
dancerwife
on 12/23/11 8:46 am
 Thanks for the tip! 

3/24/10 - 297 lbs the day of surgery    
Dave Chambers
on 12/23/11 8:58 am - Mira Loma, CA
Did you get an explanation on why it helps? Or a link to help explain the solution?  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

sandyinbrookings
on 12/23/11 10:06 am - OR
He sad that ther is some kind of an enzyme in it that breaks down the gas.
No one can lower your self-esteem unless you give them permission.
Dave Chambers
on 12/23/11 2:30 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I Googled this and found several references of using buttermilk with or without other ingredients. It appears the buttermilk has live cultures similar to using probiotic supplements.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

NanaRose142
on 12/23/11 9:10 am - TX
I read on this forum sometime back about another way to relieve gas pain is to take a bit of yellow mustard and eat it.  The post said put it on the back of your hand and lick it off.  I have licked it off the back of my hand, eaten a tsp. of it and also used one of the little mustard packets that you get at fast food places.  It works also.  These natural things do work sometimes. 

Merry Christmas.
Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I got older.    
angelajula
on 12/23/11 10:05 am - Eldersburg, MD
I will file these tips away for later... My gas hasn't been hurtful yet.
Everybody has one fight. This is mine. ~ Stacie  
O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O*o*O
Liz J.
on 12/23/11 4:11 pm - Woonsocket, RI
I get major gas from sugar alcohols. Im going to try the mustard trick tomorrow as I have mustard in the house.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 181 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?