Weight gain problem

Kim M.
on 12/25/11 3:28 pm - MI
Happy holidays! I have a problem and I hope some of you might be able to help...I had rny Nov 6 2007 and lost like 135 lbs.  Beginning this past fall I began to gain wait again. I would like to know if someone may have a good plan to kick this weight off again. Anyone in this same boat?
redrider
on 12/25/11 6:48 pm
A friend of mine who has been successful for 10 years experienced this. She figured it out by reviewing her journal. Turns out she grazes on rainy days. She now knits on rainy days. It may be that you have a similar struggle. I have to avoid late night mindless snacking. Other than that, be sure to measure and weigh all food and fluids. Stay within your prescribed nutritional guidelines, and exercise.
>>>RedRider                     
LoraLeeME
on 12/25/11 10:29 pm
My sister is 6 years post op and she has put back on about 25-30lbs. I know what she's doing to cause that. She's not eating enough protein, she eats too many carbs, she doesn't take her vitamins, she doesn't exercise and she drinks 1-2 diet coke and rum every night. She knows this and she knows she needs to fix it.

Take a look at your diet now. How does it compare to the diet you ate in the first year post op? Check the list; Vitamins, Protein, Water, Carbs, Portions and Exercise. I bet you'll find at least one that has slipped. Check your cupboards - have things creeped in that shouldn't be there? To many  lunches with folks from work? Restaurant portions and eating too many meals with unaltered people can influence you to eat too much. 

I personally find this last one to be a big problem for me.

Good luck to you.

Kim M.
on 12/26/11 12:36 am - MI
Thank you Loralee very sage advice..I appreciate your time...digging out my book now...xK
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/26/11 12:24 am - OH
 You have likely put the weight back on because you have become lax about how much you are eating and/or how much protein you are eating vs carbs.  I don't mean that to sound judgmental... but in the vast majority of cases of regain, those things are the culprits.

Your best bet to get the weight back off is to go back to the way you were eating at 9-12 months post-op: lots of protein, very limited carbs, and lots of water between meals (but never WITH meals... drinking with meals again is another common re-gain culprit).

Increasing your exercise (or going back to exercising!) will also help, of course.

Many people experience some degree of weight gain.  The important thing is to address it right away so you have less to lose again.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

DivineMs.M
on 12/26/11 7:16 am
Up your protien and measure and track your food. Your getting good advice. 
Most Active
Recent Topics