what the

Jmelee26
on 12/24/11 1:45 am - PA
Hey everyone! 1st off happy holidays! So I am 1.5 months post op and I'm buggin! I get on every scale I see! They r all saying I gained 8lbs! Is that even possible? I have been good with portions n everything! I don't understand. My boyfriend keeps tellin me that its wrong! Ne one go thru this?
 jmelee    
poet_kelly
on 12/24/11 1:56 am - OH
It's normal for your weight to fluctuate and everyone goes through that because it's just how the human body works.  Have you never noticed that before?  Maybe you are retaining some water, maybe you need a good poop.  If the normal fluctuations in weight stress you out this much, stop getting on every scale you see.  There is no need to weigh yourself that often. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lissa_m
on 12/24/11 1:57 am - AL
If you are exercising a lot that might expalin the weight gain. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are burning of fat and gaining muscle that can attribute to a heavier scale reading.
NewAlicia
on 12/24/11 2:06 am
 It's water.

It will happen in the winter, in the summer when you've had to much salt, before your period, and for another few reasons I don't know.

Before surgery you didn't pay as close attention - also your post surgery body has s lightly different needs than you had before.

Its water and it will go away.  Just don't look at the scale for. A week or two.
HW - 378 LW - 180 ( for about 5 minutes in 2005)
Weight at RNY in May 03' - 368, Current weight: 216 lb - maintained for 5+ years
Plastic Surgery Date: December 12 2011, Ext. Brachioplasty, TT & Thigh Lipo.
est. Weight post PS: 200lbs
debgore
on 12/24/11 4:46 am
Hi there,

I have a scale, but I use it as much now as I did before I had the surgery, hardly ever.  I go by how my clothes fit.   I have lost a lot of weight and I do weigh myself at the doctors office when I have an appt.  Next weigh in is Jan 16, 2012.  My clothes fall off of me now and thats the best thing to know that my fatter clothes don't fit me anymore..yippie!!!

Keep exercsing and keep active and it will fall off.  I swim  5x a week for 1 hour and its a great entire body exercise.  Going to add a water arobics class in Jan 2012.

Take Care,

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics