OT I feel so lost and confused

RainDiva
on 12/26/11 9:08 am
I am suppose to be relocating to Georgia from Pittsburgh end of Jan. I was really excited about this and have always wanted to live out of state. So I got the opp to do just that. But I am getting so many why do you want to do that and my mom will not talk to me. Before I applied for a relocation position I asked her if she would want to start a new life with me live somewhere out of state and she was all for it. Not that it is actually here she is ignoring my calls and text and just texted one time to say I ruined her holidays and enjoy my life in Georgia. So now I am feeling so stressed and feel like I am eating and eating and I feel horrible not just about her but it feels like the air is different with friends and other family. My hubby and I barely see these people know but all of a sudden since we are going its a different story but we have a lot of stress we have to try and sell or rent our current place, find a place in ga that will allow my two german shepherds. etc etc I am so stressed and feel like just sleeping. I have cried the past two days. Has anyone else been thru this before

Hattie T.
on 12/26/11 9:32 am - Denver, CO
RainDiva,

Don't stress about the ones you hardly see now.  About Mom, well, unless she is a really selfish person, she will come around.  When Pitt gets bone chilling cold, text her about how nice GA is.  Send her a couple of sweet cards once you're there.  Bottom line: Don't stress, now, over relationships because Mom will get over this; and the others? So what.
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
timetoloveme62
on 12/26/11 9:33 am - VA
 My daughter did this a couple of years ago, I hated it and still do but I would NEVER tell her that.  Your family has to understand that you have to do what is best for your life.  You have to take chances, strive for new things.  

My suggestion is just to breath, focus on what you and your husband need to do and just get it done.  I think it will be a great adventure!

Of course this is just my opinion...Good luck!

DisneyLover
on 12/26/11 10:22 am - WI
you need to do what is best for you.  I think your mom will come around.

Good luck!  Starting somewhere new and fresh is so exciting!

Sarah

tulips52
on 12/26/11 10:48 am
Moving is a major life change so I can imagine your stress. Sorry to hear your mother is not on board but I think once she realizes it's going to happen no matter what..she'll come around. I'm sure she realizes how much she's going to miss you. I hope things work out for you. Although stressful, it can be exciting too !!! Good luck!!!

NANCY C.
on 12/26/11 11:03 am - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
 My daughter chose to move 2000 miles away - by herself, with no job, no friends and no place to live.  I was devastated.  She was 24 years old and wanted to experience life.   I didn't like it but I finally stopped crying after she made the move, called her every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day and I cherished the times I got to see her.  

You need to live your life with your husband.  Your mom will get over it.  I did.  Quit turning to food for comfort - that is the old you.  Move forward and have a wonderful adventure!

HW  313   SW  285   Goal 155

nightbird
on 12/26/11 12:44 pm - Bowie, MD
You know you could respond by saying "I am sorry you feel that way but I was hoping you could come visit and we could explore my new town together".  It really isn't that far of a drive and you could come back for along weekends or she could come down and visit.  Tell her how stressed you are about moving and you need her right now to help you get ready.  

We just moved from Utah to Maryland with three weeks notice from the government...with two German shepherds as well.  We bought a house...still have our one in Utah for sale too.  My suggestion is finding someone to watch them until you go or finding a kennel to take them...they will work with you and give a discount for two dogs if you ask.  Start cleaning your house from top to bottom...baseboards, window sills, fridge, stove, etc. and getting rid of everything you aren't taking with you.  Much easier to sell a place without the dogs there.  Start looking at ads to get an idea what you can get if you sell it...minus real estate fees and what you could get if you rented it out.  Lots of tax savings if you rent it out and you have family to keep an eye on the place to make sure they keep it up.  Just make sure you investigate their background, rental history, and credit and ask for a good security deposit.  

If you have ever shown your dogs or the parents have been shown, tell potential places you want to live that they are well behaved show dogs...it really helps.  I use to rent in San Diego and I had a German shepherd before I married my husband who was in the military.  It made it so much easier when they thought she was a show dog....my parents breed working dogs.  

Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you and I hope you love your new home and your new job.

Lisa
RainDiva
on 12/27/11 2:30 am
Thank you for the ideas. I did email mom but I think she needs time, she has always been like this I dont know why I thought this time it would be different. But my dogs are well behaviored, and my one dog lines have sch3 the other gsd was dropped off in the middle of nowhere and she wouldnt come to anyone until she saw me so of course I had to take her we have had her a year and she is really laid back and submissive but she does bark at the drop of a hat so I need to work with her more i guess. but I really loved your post we are selling/renting to own. but I am upside down right now so it makes it hard to sell. But I know that things will work out

nightbird
on 12/29/11 11:03 am - Bowie, MD
 I am glad I could help.  I know your move will go smoothly and you and your family will find the perfect home for you to live in.  

Good luck and Happy New Year!   :)

Lisa 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views