Finally made a revision decision :)

stormechaser
on 12/26/11 10:04 am
DS on 06/08/17
I have been trying to decide what is my best option for a while now. I am very hopeful because I will have health insurance starting in February. Its been a long journey to just have that aspect of my life on track.

Though I have a VSG, I have been looking at the pros/cons of DS vs. RNY. I am not a religious person but I am very spiritual and have a relationship with my higher power. I asked for a sign as to what I should do. I asked back in 2007 and that is what led me to Dr. Alvarez. I believe God has answered me and I am going to go from the RNY.

I see the nutritionist and my PCP this week to begin moving forward. I hope to get in to see the surgeon in February for a consult. He is an excellent doctor and I have faith in him. At this point, he would be the only person who could sway me away from an RNY.

So, now that I have come to this conclusion, I guess I will be here and on the revision boards more often gathering information.

I thank everyone for input.

Oh, and the surgeon is Dr. Bipan Chand at the Cleveland Clinic unless I am switched to another. But he is the preferred one for me. He did my sister's RNY and her hernia surgeries.

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/26/11 10:07 am - OH
I'm glad you have made a decision that you are at peace with ... that's really the most important thing. That, and a good surgeon!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SUSIEQQ62
on 12/26/11 10:15 am - EXETER, PA
I am praying for all to go well for you.. I just had a Revisions Surgery from my RNY in 2007..I had a complication tho--a Fistula and it has been 3 weeks and I am slowly-but surely coming along..Alot of pain. 
But i am diabetic and I had a ton of adhesions scrapped off my Intestines again.. I pray that everyone on this list and group are doing well.. God Bless and many Prayers..
In Christs Love--Susie Smith from PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA