Please share your low calorie favorites!

Cankles2Ankles :D
on 12/30/11 5:20 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
Happy Friday Everyone! 

I am about to start a 1,000 calorie/day Pre-Op diet. My surgeon will have me on this diet for three weeks and I would love to hear your low calorie food suggestions! 

I am looking for as many suggestions as possible so that I can have some variety. Smoothies, snacks, shakes, dressings... anything you guys can suggest will be helpful. 

So please, share your favorites! I am all ears :)

WoodsonArcher
on 12/30/11 5:22 am, edited 12/30/11 5:23 am - TX
my favorite breakfast is 1/2 packet of cream of wheat, 1/2 scoop Body Fortress Vanilla Soy Protein mix, 1 packet of equal. This is candy for breakfast. Very sweet and if you let it cool a little and thicken, it is really filling.

on 1/2/12 4:47 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
On December 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, WoodsonArcher wrote:
my favorite breakfast is 1/2 packet of cream of wheat, 1/2 scoop Body Fortress Vanilla Soy Protein mix, 1 packet of equal. This is candy for breakfast. Very sweet and if you let it cool a little and thicken, it is really filling.
 Wow! I added some vanilla soy protein and equal to my cream of wheat this morning and...YUM!

Thank you so much for the recommendation. I never would have thought of putting this together. It was the perfect breakfast!! 

Liz J.
on 12/30/11 5:51 am - Woonsocket, RI

Hormel Vegitarian chili with beans

Nutritional Information:

Calories: 190
Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 780

Total Carbs: 35
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 6g
Protein: 11g

on 1/2/12 4:54 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
On December 30, 2011 at 1:51 PM Pacific Time, LizLearning wrote:

Hormel Vegitarian chili with beans

Nutritional Information:

Calories: 190
Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 780

Total Carbs: 35
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 6g
Protein: 11g

I searched all over Walmart and couldn't find this Chili, BUT I am going to the grocery store today and hunting it down. It looks perfect for a cold night with a couple of slices of low-cal bread!    Thank you so much for the recommendation. As far as the salt, that's crazy! But I am a salt feign so I wont mind it. Cant wait to try it out! 

Price S.
on 12/30/11 6:37 am - Mills River, NC
Any grilled or baked meat and plain veggies will get you there.  That is basically still what I am eating.  Stay away from white anything, sugar, flour, potatoes, rice and fat except for some olive oil.

You can do this and it is so worth it.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

on 1/2/12 5:00 am, edited 1/2/12 5:01 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
on 1/2/12 5:04 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
On December 30, 2011 at 2:37 PM Pacific Time, Price S. wrote:
Any grilled or baked meat and plain veggies will get you there.  That is basically still what I am eating.  Stay away from white anything, sugar, flour, potatoes, rice and fat except for some olive oil.

You can do this and it is so worth it.
 just picked up a ton of frozen chicken breasts and more veggies than I can shake a stick (or fork) at! Thank you for the recommendation and the encouragement. I am reminding myself to take it one day at a time. Well... right now I am just trying to get through one hour at a time lol. 

Also, thanks for the olive oil idea! I am looking forward to cooking with it today. 

Good luck with your own healthy eating! 

EDIT: Sorry for the deleted post from earlier. I was having some technical difficulties. 

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 12/30/11 7:31 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I like 1/2c. FAGE plain greek yogurt, 1/2c. FF cottage cheese. splenda , I add in dry oats or fruit sometime cinnimon
yummmmm
on 1/2/12 5:07 am - Seattle, WA
RNY on 01/25/12
Sounds amazing! Walmart has FAGE plain Greek yogurt in single serving cups for only $1.00... I couldn't believe it. I am now a huge fan of Greek yogurt.

I am looking forward to trying this recipe out for tomorrows breakfast. Thank you very much for the recommendation. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 255 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 582 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics