Suggestions??

Nikia S.
on 12/31/11 4:34 am - Garland, TX
I sometimes have alot of downtime at work. I tend to complete task in a timely fashion which I do not anticipate changing. I know one reason I eat is due to boredom. So, what suggestions might you have that can help me besides surfing the internet and reading books? Thanks!!

Nikia S. ~~My not yet is way better than my right now~~
HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

Nikia S.
on 12/31/11 4:37 am - Garland, TX
Also, just FYI , I am in an office by myself and my job function is different than anyone in the building thus I cannot really help them as I do not know a thing about what they do.

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

becolegray
on 12/31/11 5:01 am - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
I used to be big on making lists to fill time. All kinds of lists to help me stay on track with goals, to-dos, etc. Not so much anymore, but I didn't eat out of boredom as much back then. My plan now, when things calm down a little after the holidays and I have that time to get bored, is to work more on writing my book.

Bettisima
on 12/31/11 5:05 am
What kind of flexibility does your boss give you when you are done with assigned tasks?

You could sign up for some online college classes. You could bring a set of resistance bands and small hand weights to work and use those when you are idle. Can you leave your desk to go for a walk?

Nikia S.
on 12/31/11 5:11 am - Garland, TX
I have alot of flexibility, I prefer not to leave my office in case a student gets sick though. I always make alot of list since I have OCD but I run out of list to make. I have exercised in the corner before but I cannot see myself exercising for 8 hours daily. I have tried doing my work slower but that still does not help much. I am blessed to have such a great job, but I do not want to go back to old habits of grazing just because.

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

poet_kelly
on 12/31/11 5:49 am - OH
This is a bit difficult without know what kind of work you do or what things you're allowed to do at work. 

I think anything that keeps your hands busy is great.  I crochet or sew.  It is impossible to do that while eating.  And you can make cool presents for people.

Writing letters works, too.  I have  few penpals and I love getting letters from people in different places.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Nikia S.
on 12/31/11 6:00 am - Garland, TX
I am a school nurse for a middle school. I really do not have a hobby and do not find alot of things interesting beside home decorating.

HW-339 Preop-331 SW-313

dori M.
on 12/31/11 6:18 am - MD
 How about coupon clipping? It will give you something to keep your hands busy and also help you save money

takqia1
on 12/31/11 6:18 am

Kelly those are great suggestions we are currently making hairclips with flowers and/or ribbons some are gifts for senior citizens and the NICU. Seeing that you are in the
medical proffesion I bet you could find some great cause to work on projects for. Food drive, coats for kids...
Maybe reading scripture or journaling if your only hobby is eating you may have a long road ahead of you.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 12/31/11 6:37 am
RNY on 01/10/12
Knitting!  It keeps your hands busy, you make beautiful, useful things, and it's creative.

http://www.ravelry.com  

Most Active
Recent Topics