Surgery on 12-13 and i have been VERY emotional HELP!

imma_always_b_me
on 12/31/11 5:56 am - MD
I had surgery on 12-13 and it seems like my hormones have been in overdrive. I am driving my fiance and kids crazy. Please tell me this is normal????
tjmgray
on 12/31/11 6:36 am - CA
RNY on 03/20/12
I haven't had my surgery yet because I had to have another surgery first.  I also had a very emotional time after that sugery. I think  it must be from all the drugs we are given and the stress of the surgery on our bodies. Mine only lasted about a week. Hope you feel better soon. 
imma_always_b_me
on 12/31/11 6:46 am - MD
i hope it ends soon as well because i dont like my family walking on egg shells around me

"Its not how you start, it's how you finish"
cookies4pennies
on 12/31/11 6:49 am
It will only last another week or so.
Be sure you thank your family for their patience during your transformation.
              Note to self..... Slow and steady wins the race!       Repeat...

treehousestories
on 12/31/11 6:52 am
 It was normal for me after surgery! Some days I'm still a handful to deal with. It will get better! 

Donna D.
on 12/31/11 7:47 am - Cockeysville, MD
I just had my surgery on the 29th, and I heard that after surgery your horomones are up at all time sky high! I am hoping that this does not happen to me, because I am a victim of PMS,and when I ahd my kids I suffered with a lil of Post pardum, so I am praying that I cam keep my emotions under control,so far so good. I pray that this gets better for you, because I know that it can be frustrating, just explain that the surgery can make you a lil hormonal, and that You need them to be patient with you, and do not take nothing personal. Just hang in there it will get better!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 1:03 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Yes, very normal.  Between the aftereffects of the anesthesia and then all the hormones dumping into your blood system out of your fat cell, you are having SUPER PMS. 

Yes, tell them you will be normal soon, and apologize for any of the hateful things you do that are totally out-of-character for you.

Then go enjoy the Best Year You've Ever Had in 2012!!
imma_always_b_me
on 12/31/11 2:05 pm - MD
Thanks everyone i am so glad i am not losing it lol...these hoemones almost ruined my New years eve. I will be so glad when this is over.

Kenochs84
on 1/1/12 12:39 am - PA
RNY on 01/03/12
 I have surgery on Tueday 1/3/12...and I am super emotional too.  I think it's because I am mourning food, and nervous about having an elective surgery to alter my stomach.  I am really all for the surgery, but just getting in my head!  Good luck!  Express your feelings and get them out so you don't blow up in the future!  :)  
imma_always_b_me
on 1/1/12 10:51 pm - MD
good luck and congrats on your upcoming surgery! I keep a journal so i can release my eomtions!

Most Active
Recent Topics