How much do you eat?

hatda
on 1/2/12 11:53 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA

I am almost 4 years out with RNY.

I am wondering how many ounces you eat in a seating (breakfast/lunch/dinner)

PEACE,   Harriet

I'M NOT FEARFUL OF TRAVELING THE PATH OF THE UNKNOWN...BECAUSE I DEPEND ON GOD TO GUIDE MY FOOTSTEPS.

Liz J.
on 1/2/12 12:47 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Im almost 4 weeks out and I eat 1/4 c. 3 x day + a shake.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/2/12 1:16 pm - OH
 I am 4.5 years out, but have not actually measured my food in years.  A day of typical meals for me, though would be:

Breakfast: container of Greek yogurt and half a banana (or some berries)
OR two eggs and half a piece of whole grain toast
Mid-morning: protein powder in SF hot chocolate
Lunch: a tuna lunch kit (3oz of tuna) with 3 of the 6 crackers
OR 1/2 - 2/3 of a chicken breast and some veggies (1/2 C, maybe?  as I said, I don't measure)
OR half a turkey sandwich (probably 4 ounces of meat, but I don't usually eat the bread crust) and some fruit or veggies
OR a frozen meal (Lean Cuisine, etc.) minus all but a couple of bites of any pasta or rice
Mid-afternoon: an ounce of cheese, half a serving of almonds or cashews, and the other banana half
OR container of yogurt, some fruit, and half a serving of nuts
Dinner: small sirloin burger or half a large one (or half a filet) and some veggies
OR chicken breast and veggies
OR a casserole of some kind with protein/cheese/veggies that is limited in rice/pasta (maybe a cup and a half?)
Before bed: a cheese stick OR half a serving of yogurt OR half a serving of nuts (and a spoonful of ice cream or some small chocolate treat (a kiss, 6 M&Ms, etx.)

Hope that helps. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/2/12 11:45 pm - OH
I'm three years out.  I eat about one cup at a time, and I eat about six times a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Paul C.
on 1/3/12 12:34 am - Cumming, GA
about 1.5 years out and I typivally do 3-4 oz of meat and 1/4-1/2 cup veggie depending on the veg.  Not saying I fini**** all the time or that it doesn't take me 30-45 minutes to eat.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
hatda
on 1/3/12 1:12 am - Northern (Sacramento area), CA
Thank you so much for your info.   this has helped me.

I ate about 7 ounces for dinner (4.5 oz tuna) and come cucumbers and carrots (I weigh my food)....so after I ate and I was stuffed...it freaked me out like AM I SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO EAT 7 OUNCES lol.

i've read conflicting things as it relates to when to stop eating.....one places indicates 'as soon as you feel the full sensation, STOP" another says eat slowly, but until you're uncomfortable.....I guess almost 4 years out i'm still figuring this thing out.  also, the tuna was dry (I didn't add mayo and other condiments; just onions and tomatos).

Lori, your daily menu sounds good.  think i'm going to incorporate some of this into mine.  I am just kick starting again, trying to get this last 17 lbs off .....i've given myself  months; but hoping toh ave it off long before that.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL
PEACE,   Harriet

I'M NOT FEARFUL OF TRAVELING THE PATH OF THE UNKNOWN...BECAUSE I DEPEND ON GOD TO GUIDE MY FOOTSTEPS.

jvan71
on 1/3/12 4:33 am - TN
I was told to go by volume, not weight.  So rather than weighing 4oz of food, use a measuring cup to measure the ounces.

When you think about it, it does make sense...your pouch is a certain size by volume and weighing 4oz of food...you could end up with a few cups of some things but only a few tablespoons of others based on weight.

I'm still a new post-op so I don't seem to know when I'm full yet.  I just stop at 3-4 oz and I'm fine.  I still have to remind myself to eat though since I very rarely even want to eat anything!  I'm sure this will eventually change, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Good luck!
Jen
HW: 330   SW 314   CW 262   GW 130      
Most Active
Recent Topics