Kidney Stone Symptoms??

Jenners
on 1/2/12 8:55 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Does anyone know what the typical symptoms for a kidney stone is?  I have right lower back pain, but I slept on a couch for 2 nights over new years so I can't figure out if it's from that, or something more serious.  I've never had a kidney stone, so I don't know what the symptoms are.  It's not horrendous pain, it mostly just kinda comes and goes and it feels worse when I'm sitting. No other symptoms other then that.  Suggestions?  Am I just being paranoid?
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/12 9:42 pm

First make sure you are drinking plenty of water. When I start getting a back ache in my kidney area that's is usually what helps.

Kidney stones is one of the most horrendous pains I have ever had. You will fill as if you need to urinate and cannot go. You will fill the need to push usually.

Try the water see if that will help you at all.

Good Luck

Pam

Day_dream_believer
on 1/2/12 10:11 pm
When I had kidney stones the pain was horrible.  It came in waves like labor pains.  I later developed a 105 fever and had blood in my urine.

twobabies06
on 1/2/12 10:56 pm
I have had kidney stones numerous times and the pain is quite high up, not lower back.  Usually it is to one side more predominately, but it does radiate across my whole back at times.  It stays pretty painful for quite some time, with no relief laying, sitting, shower, hot (cold) pack, tylenol etc.  Darker urine, if not red blood in it.  Clear way to know is a urine sample and then a CT if necessary.  Drink fluids, this will help a little, but all that really helps is time, unfortunately.  Best of luck!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics