2 weeks out and back to work!

wvugal89
on 1/3/12 12:45 am - MD
I am two weeks post op and have felt great overall. Today is my first day back at work as a music teacher for K-5 students. All ready I am exhausted. I knew it was going to be tough and I miss my afternoon naps but I will make it through! I totally feel that the surgery was worth it ! Thank you to everyone who gave me information for the hospital and the first week. I will keep everyone posted!

Teri-Lynn

POI

Donna D.
on 1/3/12 12:56 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats and take it easy. I am glad to hear that you are back to work and doing great. Good luck with the kiddies!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Dee.spunk
on 1/3/12 1:05 am - Sacramento, CA
Wow! You're brave! I don't think I could've went back to work at only 2 weeks out. I too work with K-6, and I go back today, and I am a bit worried about it because ive been taking it real easy. I wonder if they'll notice if I take a nap...(jk, of course.) I actually can't wait to see them all. It's been a whole month and I was going a bit crazy at home. I say take it slow. I know I will!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Keeves
on 1/3/12 1:48 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Good luck, and be careful not to push yourself too hard. Sit whenever you can. I'm one of the computer guys in a school, and I also came back after two weeks. I found that the actual work was not hard at all -- but the standing and walking really drained me. So my advice is to sit down whenever you can.

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 1:50 am
I wish you could take a little nappy, nap! I certainly did.  Luckily, I work at home, so I just logged out and took a 10 minute power nap.  It will get easier though.  Good luck!
melissa_whitener
on 1/3/12 11:31 am - PA
RNY on 12/31/13
 Hi I graduated from WVU in 87 and I'm pre op... amazing you are back to work so soon, be careful not to overdo it !!!   
wvugal89
on 1/3/12 12:13 pm - MD
 Go Mountaineers beat Clemson!

Most Active
Recent Topics