How Long Did it take you to heal? Do think I can go back to school and work in three weeks.

Blooming B.
on 1/3/12 12:05 pm - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
Im having RNY Lapro
Qutee    
wvugal89
on 1/3/12 12:16 pm - MD
 I was back at work in two weeks! You will be tired though, but recovery at least for me wasn't bad!

Teri - Lynn
POI

poet_kelly
on 1/3/12 12:23 pm - OH
As long as you don't have any complications, yeah.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

exohexoh
on 1/3/12 12:23 pm - West Chester, PA
 i worked a short week 2 weeks out, and was back to my normal work schedule the third. i was tired, but i could do it

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Used2Bthin
on 1/3/12 12:57 pm - Canada
I had an open rny and was basically on best rest for 8 weeks.  That being said I did have some minor complications to contend with.  From people I know, with the lap as long as you take it easy by 3 weeks you should be functional.  The hardest part is getting used to living on so few calories right after the surgery.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Blooming B.
on 1/8/12 3:19 am - Pittsburg, CA
RNY on 01/04/12
Yes, I look at other food but knowning I can't touch it has been the worst. Its a battle of the mind.
Qutee    
Reel
on 1/3/12 3:23 pm
 Was weak and nauseaus from week 3 to week 5 post-op. Actually the naseua was there from the beginning and stopped about 5 weeks, but the weakness kicked in about 3 weeks.  Im so thankful that I did not have to return to wor****il week 7. If at all possible, please take your time learn how to eat and chew at home. I threw up 3 times post op and im glad i was at home (well once I had to pull the car over). 
littleskie
on 1/3/12 4:03 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I think its different for everyone and only you will be able to make the final decision if you are able to return so early. Some do, some can't. I could never have.

Good luck and we will make room on the losers bench for ya.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 8:06 pm
 I think you will be a little weak from the low calorie intake. But unless there are any complications you should be fine. The more walking you do I think will help too. 
Windim
on 1/3/12 9:09 pm - Fountain City, WI
I had my surgery on a Monday and was back in school by Friday. I was not working at the time though. I think its best to discuss this with your surgeon. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics