4 YEARS OUT ~ How Often Do YOU Eat??

gonemadx3
on 1/4/12 2:33 am - East Peoria, IL
I constantly feel hungry & eat often throughout the work day. How often is too often?

Michele

-Michele

lap band '05/revision to rny 11/21/07
5'6- hw/276 sw/242 cw/144 gw/140
then- bmi 36-39 now-bmi 24-
NORMAL WEIGHT

"It's  Not Who You Are On The Inside, It's What You Do That Defines You".....

or

poet_kelly
on 1/4/12 2:44 am - OH
I guess if you get too many calories, then it's too often.

I eat about six times a day.  Sometimes seven, lately.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/4/12 2:45 am - Baltimore, MD
I'll be four years out this Sunday. How often I eat often depends on WHAT I eat. If I eat a good, solid protein meal (for instance, 4-5 oz. of lean protein such as chicken or fish + a veggie for fiber), I eat about every 3-4 hours. If I eat starchy foods or try to do the soup thing I get hungry faster.

These days if I get hungry and want to make sure not to snack on the wrong thing I'll grab a protein shake. That holds me for a loooooong time.
mom23reds
on 1/4/12 3:29 am - Bryan, TX
I generally eat 3 meals a day. Breakfast is 200 calorie protein shake. Lunch is around 400 - 500 calories. Dinner is about 500 - 600 calories. Then I sometimes have a 150 calorie protein bar in the evening if I get hungry.
azreggie
on 1/4/12 3:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Three meals and  3 snacks.  Almost 4 years out.

Reggie

Laura in Texas
on 1/4/12 3:35 am
I'm 3.25 years out and usually eat 7 times a day.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

qrlylox13
on 1/4/12 5:02 am - Dillsburg, PA
Laura, I'm curious - what do you eat at each of your 7 meal/snacks?  I'm trying to find a balance - I tend to eat more often, but not sure how much i SHOULD be eating.  Could you give an example of a typical day for you?  (You look GREAT by the way!)
Brittany M.
on 1/5/12 2:26 am
I eat at least 6 times a day, usually more.  I need to eat every 2-3 hours due to hypoglycemia issues (2 hours is best).   A typical day looks like this:
8:30 AM - greek yogurt
10:30 AM - apple & half protein bar
12:30 PM - Lean Cuisine
2:30 PM - Cottage cheese
3:30 PM - raw veggies & other half of protein bar
6:00 PM - dinner (whatever is on the menu for that night)

If I'm still hungry, I'll have a snack around 8:00-8:30 before bed.  Sometimes a bit of ice cream.  Sometimes some nuts.  Sometimes a small protein shake.  Sometimes some popcorn.  But as you can see, I feel like I'm always eating!  But if I don't eat, I get shaky and sweaty and lightheaded like nobody's business.