Scared!!

CV-22WIFEY
on 1/8/12 8:35 am - mary esther, FL
 I am six weeks out,and I almost feel like I am taking a few steps back,first few weeks or so was good. It vomiting,now the last two weeks or so I don't seam to be getting the same warning sign or fullness until it is too late,then I have a hour or bad pain and then I vomit a lot,now I am getting afraid to eat incase I get sick,I am supposed to be on "normal" foods but tend to stick to
Soft soupy foods!! 
Many advice would be appreciated! 
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 8:47 am - Canada
With me it was two steps forward three steps back a lot. It was a lot of trial and error as I introduced new foods. Some would work, some like ground beef would make me vomit. To this day (4 years post op)  I can not digest a radish or a cooked onion. It makes no sense.

I was not on normal foods for a long time.  My progression to soft food was about at the 8 week mark - yup I was on liquids for 8 weeks or so. It seemed like I was always behind the normal progression that everyone said I would be. It just made me throw up, plain and simple. I just had to give it time.

When I have periods of "sick" or getting "stuck" - I go back to soft foods and let my pouch calm down. I don't know about you, but when my pouch got angry or sensitive from throwing up- nothing would stay in. It needed time to calm down.

So if you keep a food diary, you may start to see a pattern in certain foods not passing, or making you vomit. Its a sign that you are not ready for them yet.

Stick to those things you know stay down and progress slowly to new items - is the best advice I have. The day I could eat a scrambled egg or cottage cheese was the day my life got better ! I think I danced around my house.
CV-22WIFEY
on 1/8/12 8:55 am - mary esther, FL
On January 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM Pacific Time, frostysmeow wrote:
With me it was two steps forward three steps back a lot. It was a lot of trial and error as I introduced new foods. Some would work, some like ground beef would make me vomit. To this day (4 years post op)  I can not digest a radish or a cooked onion. It makes no sense.

I was not on normal foods for a long time.  My progression to soft food was about at the 8 week mark - yup I was on liquids for 8 weeks or so. It seemed like I was always behind the normal progression that everyone said I would be. It just made me throw up, plain and simple. I just had to give it time.

When I have periods of "sick" or getting "stuck" - I go back to soft foods and let my pouch calm down. I don't know about you, but when my pouch got angry or sensitive from throwing up- nothing would stay in. It needed time to calm down.

So if you keep a food diary, you may start to see a pattern in certain foods not passing, or making you vomit. Its a sign that you are not ready for them yet.

Stick to those things you know stay down and progress slowly to new items - is the best advice I have. The day I could eat a scrambled egg or cottage cheese was the day my life got better ! I think I danced around my house.
 Thank you so much that really helps!!
I never though of keeping a food diary for that reason defo going to start doing that from now on,this has change my view on WLS I always thought this would be easy just eat less but I have to say this is the hardest thing I have ever done!!
franjellica
on 1/8/12 8:51 am - PA
if I was you I would call the surgeons office and ask about it.. You could have a Stricture! which is no big deal just a bump in the road. And once you get it taking care of you will be back to normal.. Cause if you cant keep food down.. You could get dehydrated.  This happen to me around the same time..

HW 300  SW 287  CW 186 Surgery Date May 5,2011          

CV-22WIFEY
on 1/8/12 10:02 am - mary esther, FL
On January 8, 2012 at 4:51 PM Pacific Time, franjellica wrote:
if I was you I would call the surgeons office and ask about it.. You could have a Stricture! which is no big deal just a bump in the road. And once you get it taking care of you will be back to normal.. Cause if you cant keep food down.. You could get dehydrated.  This happen to me around the same time..
 Thank you,I have an app with surgeon on Wednesday 
Lisa R.
on 1/8/12 11:32 am - CA
 Not sure if you do this or not, but try to measure your food, ounces and volume.  

My surgeon was very strict in the first few months and sent me home with tons of those little ounce cups and told me to measure all my food by volume with those cups and not eat more then 3 ounces by volume at one time.  I stuck to this and had not thrown up even once until about 2 weeks ago when I ate peanuts in the shell straight from the bag with out measuring portions and blew chunks big time for the first time! YUCK! 

But measure, that would be my advice to you.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Most Active
Recent Topics