what is wrong with me? 7 weeks out...

Amber B.
on 1/10/12 9:48 am
 Seriously..went to Chic-Fil-A tonight and ordered a grilled chicken salad. not the small side salads..the big salad..the one that can barely fit on the tray. (thinking i would be able to make 3 meals of it)!!  I was talking with the other moms there and really focusing on my chewing. well,  before i know it, the entire thing is gone.  never once did i even feel a slight tightness that i usually feel.  it scares me because i ate all of it.  the old me wouldve made a meal out of that and i dont like the old me at all.  what if im the only person in the world to get fatter after surgery?  WOW!
nfarris79
on 1/10/12 9:54 am - Germantown, MD
 Take a deep breath. You're not reverting into "old you". Maybe you're still really new out and the nerve signals that say "full" have not entirely healed? So that would make it unrealistic to expect feeling tight or full. Maybe you're having a "big pouch day"? Then possibly tomorrow you'll eat less than you expected. Regardless of the cause, paying attention to what you eat and how you eat can help prevent those old habits from coming back up. This tool is not made or broken by one meal, but by lifestyle choices. The question is, will you commit to making mostly good choices or succumb to the "f-its"?

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

HeatherLane
on 1/10/12 10:07 am
You know im 6 weeks out and some days i dont get anything in and other days I can get a lil more in . So dont beat yourself up over it. Your body is still healing and working itself it . =)
Medley411
on 1/10/12 10:09 am
Learn to measure.  Get a measuring cup that goes flat.  Toss it in your purse.

measure once, never worry again.  Dont worry
you did not break your pouch.

BWB
on 1/10/12 11:27 am
Salads look like more than is actually there, however, maybe you should take a small bowl with you for the purpose of measuring the quantity and put the rest in a take home container.
I have the same fear of gradually increasing my intake and not able to cut back later.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views