Starting my 2 week pre-surg diet today

Nycm
on 1/15/12 8:10 pm
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 Starting pre-surgery diet today.  Had a very bad weekend of eating. Not proud of myself. The eating was truly terrible.  

Christine

ladyhoneybee6
on 1/15/12 9:26 pm
RNY on 01/30/12
My surgery date is the same as yours but I dont have to be on a pre op diet.just the day before only liquid after noon and nothing after midnight.so congrats and hopefully we both have a speedy recovery.
Nycm
on 1/16/12 9:07 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 Good luck to you!  Good to know there's someone else going in the same day I will. 

Christine

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 9:40 pm
Don't look back at the weekend, just look forward. This surgery will truly be a blessing to you.

Pam
Nycm
on 1/16/12 9:09 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 Thanks, it's so easy to be hard on myself. Thanks for your encouraging words. 

Christine

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 10:31 pm
I started my preop liquid diet this past Tuesday and it's Monday so I've been on it six days. I've lost 7 pounds. It's going great. The first 4 days were the hardest, my stomach would not stop growling. Hang in there and the hunger will go away. Try to encourage your family members to eat in the kitchen away from you and try not to cook for them if you can. Drink lots of water and you won't feel as deprived. It will be worth it! It is so encouraging to see the scale go down and to know in a few short days I will be having the surgery and get on with my life. So will you. It's going to be great!
Nycm
on 1/16/12 9:20 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 So glad I have almost made it through my first day. Since I had lap-band surgery almost 4 yrs ago I am used to watching others eat around me. I find it so much easier when I don't have to make decisions about what to eat. So protein shakes 5 times a day is pretty simple. 

You are doing awesome with your pre-op diet. I hope I can do as well. 

I had read your concern yesterday about how your relationship with your boyfriend might change after your surgery. My husband likes me fat. He has always liked large women. He does however want me healthy and knows that when I was 325 I was not healthy. Going out to eat changed a lot. I generally stuck to soup and maybe a salad or appetizer only. It took him a long time to get used to it. He used to enjoy watching me enjoy eating. He does enjoy the more energetic sex and the higher energy part of the weight loss. So ther will be changes. The important part is to keep your guy a part of it and make sure he knows that this is something that will ultimately make both your lives better

Christine

Most Active
Recent Topics