dang numb spot and drs are doing nothing! (warning:venting)

emt_amy
on 1/17/12 11:09 am - MN
So, over 4 months ago I had my surgery (rny) and in the hospital I noticed a numb spot on my leg and told the Dr. They basically said huh.... and walked away. So every appt after I have mentioned it and they have said the same thing. No tests, not even looking at it, nothing. So fed up I went to my pcp and asked her about it and she said she couldn't do anything. It has pins and needles feelings off and on and sometimes it feels like I'm being stabbed there. If I tap the spot I get a sharp poking feeling and other times it tingles. Can't feel the razor and its really disturbing when it itches. Anywhoo I'm so fed up that nothing is being done I made an appt with an orthopedic surgeon in Feb. I believe the spot is growing too.

Thanks for letting me vent.

april89love
on 1/17/12 12:35 pm - NC
I had a spot like that for years. It didn't get better till the weight started coming off. I believe it was pressure in the joint from all the swelling I had. It was my right knee and that knee is the one injured in a motorcycle accident many years ago.
emt_amy
on 1/17/12 12:41 pm - MN
This spot is huge bout a good 3-4 inches long. I thought it would go away with the loss but there's no relief. I do have sciatic issues with that leg too and an injury from a sprained ankle when I was 5 that was never treated.
justthe3ofus
on 1/17/12 12:55 pm - Northwest, IN
 I have a lower spinal fusion from a fall and accident a few years ago. I have found that my sciatica is actually worse right now as my body is readjusting to being a different size. Hopefully it will stabilize as it is driving me nuts! 

If the ortho dr. Isn't able to help a good nuerologist may be able to find the root cause and start a treatment plan that doesn't require surgery also. 

Good luck!
Kim B.

HW 295/ SW 281/ CW 209.6/ GW 155
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

emt_amy
on 1/17/12 12:57 pm - MN
Thanks, neurology is the next step.
Ashley K.
on 1/17/12 1:17 pm - GA
Sounds like neuropathy to me. I have peripheral neuropathy as a result of a disorder called Guillain Barre. I would definitely go to a neurologist and see what they think.
sassygurl
on 1/17/12 9:41 pm - Wasaga Beach, Canada
I had this as well. As the previous poster stated, mine went away as the weight came off. Perhaps yours will too!

Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics