What was your post op eating plan??

Aydenzmoma
on 1/20/12 8:34 am - ME
RNY on 01/04/12
 I am just curious what others post op eating plans were/are....Everyone varies so differently. 

Katy~~
It's never too late to figure out your purpose and start to live your best life."
    Goodbye 280's, 270's, 260's,250's,240's,230's,220s,210s,200s,190s,180s,170s,                    
HW 283/ SW 269/ CW 160/ GW 120

poet_kelly
on 1/20/12 8:38 am - OH
Clear liquid in hospital.

Full liquid when discharged, for one week.

Pureed foods for one week.

Soft foods for one month.

Then regular diet.  Get 60 grams protein, eat four to six small meals a day.  Limit the starchy carbs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/20/12 8:42 am
Mine was very similar to Kelly's.

Winnie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/20/12 8:52 am - OH
Soft foods beginning Day Three (in hospital after open RNY) and then could start adding in other items (fish, moist chicken, solid cheese, cooked veggies, some fruite,etc.) at 2 weeks.  Beef and other fruits and veggies -- pretty much everything except nuts and hard-to-digest items -- by one month out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

sprkl.plnty
on 1/20/12 9:37 am - WA
RNY on 01/13/12
Pureed foods for 3 weeks.
Sparkle Plenty        
Elvis1
on 1/20/12 9:38 am
My diet was full liquids two weeks, then yogurt, refried beans and scrambled eggs, plus decafe coffee drinks for two weeks.

Finally pureed foods like anything you can put in a blender but I started liking sweet potatoes, and cottage cheese and other soft foods

Next will be soft foods and finally real foods that everyone eats but get 90 mgs of protein a day and also take your vitamins and calcium
elvis 1
talula216
on 1/20/12 10:06 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
On day 2 I was on protein drinks all day I would have 4 oz over 1 hour wait 30 minutes then 4 more oz over 1 hour,  for the remainder of the day  On day 3 I would have 1 oz of puree food over 20 minutes.  Wait 30 minutes have 4oz protein drink over 1 hour wait 30 minutes   I repeat this through out the day,  Week 2 I will have 2 oz of puree  4 to 6 oz protein drink.  Week 3 will be 3 oz puree and week 4 will be 4oz puree.  I can eat anything that will puree to apple sauce consistency,  So far I have had tuna, baby food prunes, apple sauce,ground turkey,carrots.

Talula
Starting weight 369

aliciaice
on 1/20/12 11:07 am - Blue Jay, CA
Go by what your surgeon recommends.  It's not worth it to try to rush things, trust me.
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/12 4:35 pm
The literature the doc gave me didn't help.  I called the "nutritionist" but just got read the lit.  I can't stomach the fake sugar that is in most of the shakes.  Jay Robb has one with Stevia...I water it down a bit. 

I am a little over 40 days out.  Average about 200-300 calories a day. Usually can only get in 30 g protein...tops on a good day.  Seem to throw up most solids...especially starchy...like beans.  Good with egg whites, yogurt, broth, sometimes peanut butter if I melt it in my mouth.  I do mix some juice in with the water to get something down so my body doesn't start eating my brain up.

I'm fairly certain I should be taking in more...but doc refused follow-up.  He has something wrong with his head I think...hates fat people.  Or at least just likes verbally abusing them after they've had surgery and he's gotten his paycheck.

Good news is incisions finally stopped leaking about a week and a half ago.
cherylmathis
on 1/20/12 10:26 pm - WI
 If it's any consolation, but it might not be... you know how it goes.... 

I had follow-ups with my surgeon and I was in the same boat, except I couldn't eat any protein other than skim milk. I was (and am) averaging about 35-40g of protein a day, and I'm 3 months out. And my surgeon did not have a problem with where I'm at. He said that while 60g is the goal, it might take me 6 months to get there because of how tempermental pouches can be. 

He said that as long as I'm able to drink a decent amount in one hour (like a cup and a half of liquid), I don't have a severe stricture, and I should just keep experimenting with foods. and 'hang in there' because some people are able to eat huge quantities after surgery, and they have a harder time losing the weight quickly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 355 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views