Recipes?!

new_me_121911
on 1/21/12 8:09 am - Eudora, KS
  I am almost 6 weeks post op and getting tired of eating the same things over and over! Does anyone have any recipe suggestions that I could eat even though I'm not too far out?? All I really eat now is tuna applesauce and peaches! I like most food except for fish which I hate! So any recipes that are good would be greatly appreciated!  

LJ1972
on 1/21/12 8:23 am - FL
www.bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/21/12 8:23 am
ricotta cheese, marinara sauce and shredded cheese microwaved
refried beans, shredded cheese
meatballs, maranara, shredded cheese.
seafood salad
egg salad
chicken salad

Winnie

new_me_121911
on 1/21/12 8:30 am - Eudora, KS
I've looked at the barbaricfoodie and am not exactly for sure if I can have some of the bread stuff or chicken. My surgeon wasn't really specific about things like that

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/21/12 8:33 am - Baltimore, MD
BF is my blog. Scroll down on the right side and look at the category labels. There are recipes for the pureed stage, for soup, for protein desserts (many of which tend to be pudding based), etc.

There's about 500 recipes on there but unfortunately the blog format shows you the most recent first. As I'm four years post op and started the blog in my first year after surgery, you'll find all sorts of recipes. Also check the recipe index link at the top for the complete listing of recipes.

Hope that helps.

Nik

P.S. I don't eat much bread, so you won't find much of it there. Chicke, I love, because I can tolerate it. Steak...not so much!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

exohexoh
on 1/21/12 8:43 am - West Chester, PA
 plus if you're good in the kitchen you can figure out substitutions and stuff. i'm a picky eater so i usually just get general ideas from recipies and end up subbing most stuff, like types of cheeses for a different, or pork for chicken etc

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

new_me_121911
on 1/21/12 8:45 am - Eudora, KS
Thanks ink I'll have to look again! And I'm not so good in the kitchen I can follow recipes thats about all...
Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/21/12 8:48 am - Baltimore, MD
Most of my readers are that way. My mission through the blog is to help folks take ownership of their eating life. So browse through stuff...there's tutorials on how to prepare certain foods that are popular among post-ops, tutorials about how to handle difficult eating situations and...starting next week I'm doing a big contest that challenges you to set weekly goals and rewards you with prizes for doing so!

We have lots of fun. Join us!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

exohexoh
on 1/21/12 9:06 am - West Chester, PA
 just don't drink the kool-aid.... unless it's sugar free of course! (sorry nik something about that just seemed cult-like lol)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/21/12 9:07 am - Baltimore, MD
oooookaaaaayyyyy

(nods and smiles)

Most Active
Recent Topics