Need some advise

Renee M.
on 1/24/12 11:28 am - OK
 Today marks day 8 since surgery!  I have lost a total of 26lbs since I've started this journey with dr. Keith.  I have done really good my husband has been absolutely amazing!  My problem is I am sick of liquid soup, cream strained soup, broth and cottage cheese.!.!.!.!.!  Any advice will I ever get to eat any thing real?  It seems so far away!  I'm actually looking forward to puréed food.  I guess I'm tired if hurting.  My left side incision really hurts. Thanks for listing and for any advice!
poet_kelly
on 1/24/12 11:35 am - OH
insert sarcasm icon here

No, you will have to eat broth and cottage cheese for the rest of your life.  Didn't your doc tell you that before surgery?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jms68
on 1/24/12 11:42 am
Just know that what your going through is ONLY temporary and it wont last forever. Just take one step and day at a time and you wont become overwhelmed and know that you made this desicion to take this step of regaining control of you life and weight. Try to look at food as fuel and the cottage cheese and soup will end soon. Keep looking forward!! You can do it  ; )
lovelife39
on 1/24/12 11:48 am
im allowed sugar free yogurt and grits thinned with skimmed milk egg drop soup      make u a shake out of ur protein drink   , skim milk fruit and ice , this makes it a bit easier for me to know i have options because i simply havent been able to handle the protein powder but the carnation instant breakfast isnt bad.  
Lisa R.
on 1/24/12 12:37 pm - CA
 The first 2 months really suck. That is another reason why I laugh at the people who think this is th easy way out.  If they had to eat the post op diet for a week they would freak out.

It gets better, but for now you have a lot of limitations.  Just know your body needs this to heal and you will be able to enjoy food again...someday!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Renee M.
on 1/27/12 7:38 am - OK
 Thanks for all the support I really appreciate it!!!  I'm doing better I have good days and bad but my wonderful hubby is making home-made soup which is so much better than the canned stuff so that has helped a bunch!  I am ready to get back to my normal life, I'm still sore and have NO energy.  I ck
Leaned the living room today and then I was ready for a nap. Anyway I am really inspired by some of the photos I've seen and stories I've read!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views