One week post op

Jo O.
on 1/25/12 1:36 am - Albuquerque, NM
RNY on 01/17/12
Hi Everyone,  Just thought I would share my journey.  Had surgery on 1/17/12.  Surgery was supposed to be at Noon, didn't go in until around 2:30 pm.  I was surprised that I wasn't nervous at all.  I was ready for this.  Once they took me to the operating room, all went good until waking up in recovery and in horrible pain and thinkging what have I done, but once I got the pain meds I was fine.  Finally got taken up to my room.  My husband was great through all this and happy to see me when it was over.  After getting settled in a few hours later they had me up and walking.
I didn't get any gas while I was in the hospital until close to time to go home on 1/19/12 but it didn't last long.  I've had a little more gas and some loose stools but mainly after drinking my protein shakes. Not pleasant.  I now keep in mind the air freshner.  I also have been tolerating the proteing drinks and getting in my fluids.  I'm not quite at 64 oz on the fluids but I keep trying. I don't want to get dehydrated.  Other than a rash I got from whatever they washed me with during the surgery, which if finally going away, I feel great. So far I have lost the 5 pounds I gained while in the hospital plus 6 more.  I will probably be one of the slow loser, but that is ok with me.  As of today I don't remember when I weighed what I do now and how much better I feel.  My glucose levels have gone down, I already feel I have more energy somewhat.  This is the best thing I have ever done for me.   Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Have a Great Day!
KELLY R.
on 1/25/12 1:38 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
Congrats and keep us posted :)

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

autnur
on 1/25/12 1:52 am, edited 1/25/12 1:52 am

Hi I had my surgery on the 18th and I am feeling better each day. I quess I leaked during durgery and it had to be redone. I will find out more at my md visit tomorrow. The only thing is I am soooo tired. I usually have tons of energy all day. I am getting my fluids in and shakes but get exhausted just doing small things. I am so happy you are doing well!!!

Healthyforme
on 1/25/12 8:02 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
I also had mine on the 18th. I have my follow up tomorrow. I cant wait to find out more. I still am having alot of pain on my side that sometimes hurts in my stomach. Part of me is scared that there might be a problem but mostly cant wait for my appt. I dont have as much energy as i did but figured its only been a week. I am still on my pain meds which is frustrating for me.
Good luck guys, i cant wait to see our progress.
By the way, i am hungry and so not feeling these shakes. I did order a catalog of products for after wls surgery, excited to see what i can vary.
good luck guys.

autnur
on 1/25/12 9:00 am
I was hungry too. My PA said that it was not hunger and it was gas. I am having a problem with the shakes not because I don't like the taste but I am sooo sick of sweet!! I start full liquids tomoroow for a week then I will move on to soft/  YAY!!!
Jo O.
on 1/26/12 2:00 am - Albuquerque, NM
RNY on 01/17/12

I am feeling hungry too. I also started taking my vitamins yesterday and now feel like I have heartburn most of the day.  I hope this goes away.  I am happy that you are doing well also.
Take Care.

Jo O.
on 1/26/12 1:57 am - Albuquerque, NM
RNY on 01/17/12
I am so sorry for what you had to go through.  Glad you are starting to feel better.  It does get better.  Take Care.
Jo O.
on 1/26/12 1:54 am - Albuquerque, NM
RNY on 01/17/12
Thank you. Kelly.
Most Active
Recent Topics