2 Months out, bloated and weight stall

bzbabs
on 1/27/12 12:02 am - Chesaning, MI

I am two months out this week and am struggling with sudden bloating, lack of energy and my weight either fluctuates up and down by 1-2 pounds or it just sits in one spot.  I work out at least 5 days per week, sometimes more, and make sure I get in about 800-1000 calories.  I was really limiting my carbs but my sugar has been so low and I have to eat before exercising just so I don't bottom out.  Anyone else experience this?  It might be normal but I am getting a little discouraged.  I am under a lot of stress and am in the middle of coming off of one anti-depressant to go to another.  Tears flow a lot in my life lately!

~ Barb

~Be the change you want to see.
                                      Gandhi
MONICASNEWLIFE
on 1/27/12 12:44 am
stalls are normal, i should know im almost 7 weeks out and have been at a stall for almost 4 weeks.. im getting very depress and once again i feel i could fall into my old habits and start eating just because  i feel discouraged i know this is the last thing i should do but my brain tells me differently.. so im trying to stay away from the kitchen as much as possible... if your working out 5 days a week you could be building muscle and even thought your lossing weight you cant tell on the scale because your losing fat but are gaining muscle... try taking your mesuarments  maybe you will notice the difference there... how long has your stall been??you didnt mention..well good luck and switch things around maybe that will help you.. when people hit a plateu dr usssualy recommned switching their routine.. thats what im going to start doing today and hope that im a week or 2 i have better news good luck in your journey and keep us posted
"Caterpillar in my cocoon, I'm gonna be a butterfly soon.
  I'm a little butterfly, I can soar through the sky. So glad I ended up like this, Thanks to metamorphosis".

hw 286 pre op 276 sw 263 cw 214  13lbs lost pre-op slowly but surely!!    
wendydettmer
on 1/27/12 12:53 am - Rochester, NY
How is your water intake? Sometimes not enough water can cause bloating issues.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

owlisn
on 1/27/12 1:27 am - NC
How's your Thyroid?  I was exhausted and a little blue and that was the culprit.  If you haven't already, have your MD check you TSH, T4, T3 Uptake, and T3 Total. 
Allison

bzbabs
on 1/27/12 2:51 am - Chesaning, MI
I have had low values before and they did a thyroid scan but nothing significant was found.  I will revisit that with my doc just to make sure.  It can be a little frustrating but I will keep all these suggestions in mind.
~ Barb

~Be the change you want to see.
                                      Gandhi
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 297 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views