Surgery Tomorrow Morning......I'm a nervous wreck.

DannyBoyDVG
on 1/29/12 11:06 pm - AR
Well my surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30am. I kinda doubt im going to sleep at all tonight so I hope that wont effect anything. Im just so worried about complications of the severe nature because I wouldnt want to leave my Wife and young Son behind. I am having my surgery done by Dr. Josh Roller and he told me he has done over 1600 weight loss surgeries and has never lost a single patient so that made me feel a little better but, I'm still just so scared. Has anyone here had him as there doctor? Also could anyone tell me what to expect between 5am when I have to be to the doctor and 7:30am when the surgery actually is, also what to expect after I wake up for the first time. Thank you all for reading and any information would be greatly appreciated.
wvugal89
on 1/29/12 11:11 pm - MD
You will register at the hospital and then a surgical nurse will call you back. You basically change, answer a few questions and then they start the iv. The time goes quick, my Mom was allowed back with me. Once I went into the OR, I moved to the table, heard someone say breathe and I was out. Woke up in recovery, walked a little, went to my room. Most of the day is a blur. I had a pain pump, so I pushed it every time I was aloud and awake. I walked as much I as could in order to move the gas and it worked. I never got sick, as soon as they allowed me ice chips, I started having them. It really wasn't bad and I wasn't ever in a great deal of pain. I did not have your surgeon but just trust that all will be ok. It was the best day of my life as I am loving life again and the weight is coming off! Hope this helps!

Teri-Lynn
POI

moonandsun
on 1/29/12 11:24 pm

You will do great. When you arrive at the hospital you will be busy getting ready for surgery so it will go quick. Hopefully, you have done a lot of research on your doctor and you feel great in your selection. I had my surgery two weeks ago tomorrow and the first 2 days I thought I got hit by a MAC truck, but I wouldn't change a thing. Once I got home I instantly felt amazing. I had my gal bladder removed, and hernia repair too. Think positive thoughts. Good Luck.

~ Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. ~        
DannyBoyDVG
on 1/29/12 11:31 pm - AR
On January 30, 2012 at 7:24 AM Pacific Time, moonandsun wrote:

You will do great. When you arrive at the hospital you will be busy getting ready for surgery so it will go quick. Hopefully, you have done a lot of research on your doctor and you feel great in your selection. I had my surgery two weeks ago tomorrow and the first 2 days I thought I got hit by a MAC truck, but I wouldn't change a thing. Once I got home I instantly felt amazing. I had my gal bladder removed, and hernia repair too. Think positive thoughts. Good Luck.

Yes I have done lots of research on Joshua Roller. He has done over 1600 surgeries with a 0% fatality and less that 1% op/post op complications and hes only the 2nd doctor in the state of arkansas to be certified in tru laproscopic surgery and the only doctor in arkansas to be fellowship trained in duke for weightloss surgery....so he sounds good and that makes me feel better but at the same time i have the mindset of "if he NEVER has problems its going to happen sooner or later...and what if" but thank you for the support.
dianabelle12
on 1/30/12 3:03 am
you will do great!It will be over before you know it and the loosing will begin:)Good luck to you!

moonface
on 1/30/12 3:42 am - CA
 I was scared out of my mind.  My doctor gave me xanax for the day before and morning of the surgery (it really seemed to take the edge off completeley), maybe you could do the same?  I have 4 small children & a husband and had lost my mother a couple of months before my surgery.  It was the best gift I ever gave myself.  I remember very little about the day of surgery because I was so calm from the xanax.  I remember meeting the anesthesiologist and telling him that I was afraid I'd never wake up, he told me he would take good care of me and I would most certainly wake up.  I just trusted him and don't remember anything else.  I don't even really remember actually getting to my room, or even really waking up initially.  My husband had the surgery too a year ago and he woke up with terrible pain in his shoulders from gas.  Several people told me to expect this, but I never experienced it.  In fact, I was very comfortable.  I'm not 11 months out and have lost 123lbs!  My husband is a little over a year out and he's lost 105lbs.  I wish you all of the best tomorrow!  You'll never look back and it will be the greatest gift you could ever give yourself.  The first month is difficult with the loss of food, and the smooth diet, but I'm here to tell you that once you're on normal food again, minus the carbs, you will be happy!  
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views
Recent Topics