VENT

mpjones
on 2/1/12 1:38 am
I'm sorry I just have to get my feelings out or I'm going to bust. I haven't had the surgery yet--am trying to get qualified. Here's the deal--we switched insurance companies last December-only because our insurance we had at that time wouldn't cover any weight loss surgery. Got BC because my PCP said it would take care of everything. Well, everything is screwed up--of course we haven't met our "out of pocket" limit-nor the deductible and every time I turn around I'm paying big bucks (well big bucks for us anyways) for things the surgeon says I need to have done--sleep study ($300.00) stress test (I haven't got the bill for that yet but I'm assuming that's going to be in the hundreds also and the psych eleval is coming up next week. I've been losing sleep over all of this, then today the mail order place we are suppose to get our meds from just called to say we won't be getting them for at least another 2 weeks as the check we sent them the last of December has just cleared and in the meantime someone canceled our order for non payment !!!  We sent close to $500.00) WTH?? They have to contact the doctor and have him resend all of our prescriptions--in the meantime we have to go to the our local drugstore and get refills from them for the meds we are running out of !! More money !!!

I just talked to the surgeons office yesterday and they said my medical records don't show the 6 months of doctors supervised weight loss the insurance company says I must have-- MY doctor says they do--so now I have to make an appointment with him to go over and document that--I'm sure there's going to be an office call payment for that (and of course the insurance company doesn't count office calls or prescriptions as going toward the out of pocket or deductible.

We are on a fixed income and all of our extra money goes to helping our son with our special needs grandson--their insurance is even crappier than ours and since they both work (my DIL can only work part-time) their income is too high to qualify for any assistance!!

I'm sorry --I'm just so FRUSTRATED !!! I've been trying to do this the right way--I've been researching like crazy--I'm following to a T all the things the surgeon said to do to get ready for the surgery ahead of time but it seems like I keep walking into a brick wall--is this a sign I shouldn't have the surgery??

I'm sorry--I know this is stupid--there are so many people on this forum that post about REAL problems but this is my reality and right now I'm so discouraged--I keep thinking things like "wow--that $300 you shelled out for the sleep study would have paid for a month of medicine for the grandson--the money your going to spend for the stress test would pay for his summer school tutoring" . I'm not only frustrated I'm being eaten up with guilt.

Thanks for letting me get this all down and I don't really blame anyone for not answering this post--I JUST HAD TO VENT !!
wvugal89
on 2/1/12 1:46 am - MD
I am so sorry and I hope it gets better soon!

Teri-Lynn
POI

kayleighs_mommy
on 2/1/12 2:26 am
Wow.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Hopefully things will get better soon.
canigetthattogoplease.blogspot.com

RNY 12/20/2011

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 2/1/12 2:35 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 Maybe if you called your GP's office they'd fax the records over to the surgeon?  Or print them out so you can just pick them up?  You shouldn't have to see the doctor for this.

I've been having anxiety attacks over money lately, too.  It seems like it's one thing after another costing several hundred dollars, and it's adding up FAST.  

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

mpjones
on 2/1/12 2:50 am
Thanks everyone--I'm in the middle of a pity party and just getting things out helped somewhat. There's got to be an answer somewhere and I hope it comes soon !! Once again thank you for taking the time to read my post and for replying--it helps to know you care.
undergoingchange
on 2/2/12 5:16 am
I always enjoy a party, even a pity party.  I have been known to have many of those myself.

I understand your frustrations.  I experienced some of the same things myself.

I hope you can get it all straightened out easily.

As the parent of a special needs child, I can empathize with your situation with your grandson.

We are always her to listen, even if we have no solutions.
undergoingchange
on 2/2/12 5:22 am
I had another thought.  You say you are feeling guilty for spending money meeting requirements that you could use for your grandson.

Perhaps you could look at it like you are accomplishing all this to get the surgery so you can be around to help your grandson in the future.  If you die from your current health status you will not be around.

This is just a suggestion. 

I hope you can find a way to feel more peacefull soon.

I will be praying for you.
mpjones
on 2/3/12 12:44 am
Thank you so much for your reply. I means so much when people reach out to you when you're down. You are, of course, right when you say I have to take care of myself--I do want to be around not only for my  husband kids but for my grandson. With him I'm always thinking of the "here and now" but as he gets older I had better start thinking of the future as well.

I've settled down a lot since my first post--I just got discouraged--you know reading on this forum about the people that have just sailed through the process--no problem getting their insurance approval or not having extra "tag-ons" to getting approved. I've decided to put it in God's hands--if it's meant to be He will provide a way.

Once again--thank you so much for your reply.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics