Need catheter info please

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/1/12 1:41 am - AR
 I had my catheter taken out earlier today ( I am a guy) this was the first catheter I have ever had and now when I pee it feels like razor blades are coming out. Any guys or wife's of guys that can tell me how long this will usually last?
Frances S.
on 2/1/12 1:42 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 Do you have a fever?
DannyBoyDVG
on 2/1/12 1:49 am - AR
On February 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM Pacific Time, Frances C. wrote:
 Do you have a fever?
 Nope all my vitals are perfect bp good temp is 98.2 and I feel good aside from the peeing.
Frances S.
on 2/1/12 1:54 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I would try to push fluids (yeah I know, fresh post-op)... my hubby hasn't ever had a catheter so I have no idea from a male perspective, but I don't think I've ever had that kind of pain from a catheter, only a UTI.
sknd34
on 2/1/12 2:29 am - West Fargo, ND
From what I have seen with my patients, IMO this is pretty normal.  Push the fluids and if it keeps up for more than a couple of voidings then be sure to let someone know so they can check you for a bladder infection!
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Mary Ledoux
on 2/1/12 2:51 am - Londonderry, NH
RNY on 01/10/12
 My husband had surgery in Dec and had a catheter, what  you are going through is normal and will last a couple of days.  You need to push the fluids in so that you are peeing.  I wish you well wishes and remember....keep the fluids going!

RobinAment
on 2/1/12 2:54 am - FL
 Anytime I have a catheter I feel the same way for about the next 24 hrs then it goes away. The first time I ever had one was even worse. Just irritation from the cath. Will get better very soon. Good luck!
reallyrill
on 2/1/12 4:01 am - Chesterfield, VA
RNY on 01/18/12
My first catheter was the same way but then it was becasuse I was forcing myself to use the bathroom. They gave me another catheter to increase the amount of urine and the second one although it hurt like hell when I began to urinate it felt normal no burning at all.
Christopher S.
on 2/1/12 9:01 am - Medina, NY
RNY on 01/24/12
  I had no pain there after they took mine out. Sorry you do. I was worried about when they took it out, but while not fun didn't really hurt. Hope it passes quick

Weight Loss Ticker

Christopher

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 304 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?