5 1/2 months out and ate 1300 calories!!

Nessy2976
on 2/1/12 11:04 am - MD
 I have been in a stall for a month now, so I decided to try to eat more.  Good stuff, but none the less eat more.  I did that today and am surprised how easy it was!  How is it some days I am able to eat more?  Weird?????? I work out  2 hours a day at the gym 6 days a week too.
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 11:05 am - Baltimore, MD
Well depending on what you ate, yes, it can be very easy to rack up calories, even on healthy food.

What did you eat?
Nessy2976
on 2/1/12 11:11 am - MD
 Breakfast
pure protein bar
8 oz skim milk (drank 1/2 after bar)

2 eggs/ham (1 oz ham)

Dinner
grilled chicken (4 oz) and veggies

Snacks
navel orange
2 tlbs peanut butter/ small apple
2 cups air popped popcorn

"Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/1/12 11:26 am - Baltimore, MD
Um...the only thing I see that raises any sort of flag with me is the drinking after the protein bar. But besides that it looks like a balanced plan.

I don't know if you were around a few weeks ago when I posted it, but I posted a thread about how I CAN eat way more than I do each day. I know I'm capable of eating upwards of 3,000 calories if I wanted to. I don't. That's a choice.

So you can eat. Is that the end of the world? Well maybe if this whole thing depended solely on you eating less, yes. But you also have the following going for you:

1. You're eating healthy
2. You're likely eating less than your resting metabolic rate
3. You still have a malabsorptive digestive system

So I wouldn't worry too much about the ability to eat too much. The CHOICE to eat too much, yes, could be a problem down the line. But that's something we are all working on.

Keep your head up.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Zeigled
on 2/1/12 11:27 am - Parkton, MD
It does seem like a good choice for the foods you ate and since you work out so much - 1300 cal is not much at all.
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics