new pain - 5 wk out

poisonivy
on 2/3/12 8:14 am - lancaster, SC

I am 5 weeks post op.   I am drinking 48-60 ounces of water a day.  my protein intake is 60-80 grams a day.  My problem is i began having back pain.  This is centered to my left side, high around kidney area.   The pain is an ache and has been constant.   Sometimes it will calm down but has not stopped completely for over 2 days now.  Tylenol gives some relief.  Just being a newbie, not sure if this is normal or something to be concerned about.  Thanks for any help!

Tonya499
on 2/3/12 9:27 am - Riverton, UT
 You might have a kidney stone.  Try to increase you fluid to about 80 oz and go see your doctor for a urinalysis and maybe a CT.  Good luck!

Start weight 226. Surgery weight 218 on 1/6/12    
Candie68
on 2/3/12 10:40 am - Export, PA
 I have the same thing only pain is on the right side.. I dont know what it is. I put my tens unit on it and it seems to subside. But its consistent. I talked to the doc. and he seems to think its positional? My girlfriend who had the sleeve in dec. has the same exact problem. sounds real strange to me. I go on the 14th and If its not gone by then.  I am going to demand some tests to be ran or something. 
I have a question.. this is my third week out . I have pain on my right side under my rib cage. I keep applying ice. It scares me alittle because I have got back to my regular activities but havent over done anything. I just wanted to know is this something that maybe you have had and maybe it will just go away? its been here since the operation It will go away then comes back ? ridiculous!

Candie    
BugdocMom
on 2/3/12 3:28 pm - CA
I got back/side pain at about your stage. Turns out it was muscle pain from actually using my muscles to hold up my body while driving in my commute and at my desk instead of depending on my fat rolls to support me while I drive. It went away when my core got stronger.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 11 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views