What do you say??

1SushiDiva
on 2/3/12 11:04 am - MD
When people ask how you lost weight so fast?

poet_kelly
on 2/3/12 11:07 am - OH
I say "I had gastric bypass surgery."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Donna D.
on 2/3/12 11:20 am - Cockeysville, MD
LOl!! Kelly I wish I had a like button!  I don't care who knows I am happy with my decision and I did not do any thing to hurt anybody, so if they don't like it the Heck with them!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

pattymac65
on 2/3/12 11:10 am
I don't have an answer ready and really don't care if people know, so I usually tell people I had surgery.  If you don't want to tell people that, maybe tell them that you eat less than the calories you burn?  That's the basic principle of weight loss no matter how you're doing it...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/3/12 11:11 am - Baltimore, MD
I had weight loss surgery and I have started exercising regularly.
1SushiDiva
on 2/3/12 11:12 am - MD
Here is why I ask.. b/c many people have a negative comment or know someone that had THAT surgery and gained all the weight back or more negatively "died".. just curious how one handles this...
Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/3/12 11:24 am - Baltimore, MD
Honestly, people's negativity has nothing to do with me.

Their friend of a friend of a friend has nothing to do with me.

I never got that but if I had, I would have said, "Oh. Well I'm sorry to hear that friend of a friend had that experience" and left it at that.

But opinions are like ******** Everybody has one.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Reel
on 2/3/12 3:42 pm

I'd acknowledge to them that weight regain is very possible, but that you have a strategy. I'd also let them know that you "aint dead yet", so they need not worry. Then I'd keep the convo moving to other things. I'd acknowedge that I had surgery, address whatever question they had briefly, and then keep the discussion moving even if it's obvious that you are trying to change the conversation.

Andddddd if the person asking is someone who doesn't care for your best interest, I'd go with what the poster earlier said ....."I burn more calories than I consume".

Carla M.
on 2/3/12 11:13 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I just tell them the truth. I had gastric bypass. People have reacted positively about it...well, to my face at least.

Bettisima
on 2/3/12 11:13 am
I had gastric bypass and am making a lot of great changes in my life.
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views