Hello Everyone

chernandez11
on 2/6/12 1:46 am - CA
VSG on 04/19/12
I just wanted to introduce myself! I've been reading posts on here everyday for the last couple weeks and think these forums are SOOO informative and helpful. I hope to chime in once in awhile so here's a little about me.

My name is Carrie. I'm a newlywed (I think I can still say that? We just celebrated our one year this past Jan) 24 year old, born and raised in Iowa but moved to Southern California about 4.5 years ago. I have a similar story to many. Born heavy (12lbs, 10oz), was always the biggest (including tallest...I'm 6 feet now) growing up and have lost and gained weight more times then I can count. However, it just keeps getting harder and harder.

I'm on my 11th class out of 12 with Kaiser and have my clearance appointment Thursday. My case manager is in Panorama City and I will be having surgery in West L.A. Overall, I actually think I've learned a LOT from my Options classes...even though once in awhile the coordinators have to put their two cents in when it's not needed. I've had a hard time losing my 10%...I have to lose 30 and I've lost 6. I did get to 10 but my life was uprooted right before Christmas and I had to go back to Iowa to take care of my Grandparents while my Grandma had serious surgery. Anyways, I've been working out a lot (4-5 days a week) and I am losing inches and building stamina...so that's good.

Went into class wanting a Lapband but quickly learned that the RNY would probably be best for me. Didn't give much thought to the sleeve until I started reading posts on here, but I think I will talk to my doctor/surgeon a bit more about it.

Well I'm going to stop.  I could probably talk on forever and you guys don't need a novel!
Jamie B.
on 2/6/12 2:33 am - MI
Hi Carrie! I'm Jamie. (33, married, 2 of the best kids ever!! ). I'm in Michigan. I'm almost 5 months out from my lap RNY procedure. I'm really extremely happy with my results. I've lost at a slow and steady pace since surgery....I've only had one stall and it lasted 3 weeks. I just got under 200 for the first time as an adult!! 

I was very blessed to be complication free. I adjusted pretty good to the post surgery menu, but then again, I read a LOT prior to surgery and accepted that I'd have to find a way to get my protein AND take my vitamins EVERY day to succeed. My days consist of Crystal Light Pure (I hate plain water, but want to avoid drinking the artifical sweetners ALL the time), Quest protein bars and shakes a couple days a week. (I need to work on that...I lose better the weeks I substitue more shakes for meals). Lots of chili, bean salads and grilled chicken.

I guess I ended up giving YOU the novel!! Feel free to message me if you have any questions...and good luck!
Jamie        
Most Active
Recent Topics