Food question

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/9/12 8:30 am - AR
 Would a soft moist scrambled egg or some refried beans be bad or ok 9 days post op?
taylorwayzz
on 2/9/12 8:31 am - MI
i guess it depends on what your surgeon advised you. I was on liquids for 2 weeks before starting the pureed phase.
 Lynnette                 
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/9/12 8:34 am - OH
 If you are on soft foods at 9 days out, they are fine, but that varies by surgeon.  I was on soft foods before i left the hospital but many surgeons have liquid-only or puree-only periods.  The beans would be ok if you are limited to purées.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Country_Girl_Annie
on 2/9/12 9:39 am
RNY on 01/30/12
My surgeon allowed me to start pureed foods and mushy things like scrambled egg at 8 days, after being on clear liquids only for the previous week. My recommendation is to make sure the eggs are as fluffy and moist as possible. Mine were kinda dry and I think that's why they came back up after a few minutes.
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/9/12 9:53 am - AR
 I wish I had some of your guys surgeons I got ahold of mine and I have to be on stupid liquids for the full 2 weeks after and even 2 days extra cuz my appt was scheduled for 16 days after and he said no blended no soft food no nothing aside liquid and sf jello >.< and that sucks so bad because i want real food soooo bad because I'm having a very hard time getting my protein via shakes/powder. It seems like I'm trying a new one every day the first serving I drink I love when it time for the next one sip makes me want to vomit :..(
Country_Girl_Annie
on 2/9/12 10:07 am, edited 2/9/12 10:07 am
RNY on 01/30/12
That stinks, but you should follow your surgeon's advice. I feel your pain, I was on clear liquids (not even any protein shakes) for 5 days pre-op and a week post. I don't think I can ever eat Jello again.

Remember why we started this journey. The results will be worth it!
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/9/12 10:14 am - AR
 The results are way worth it my 1st doc appt when I decided to do this and I weighed in at 380 5 months later and 9 days out I'm down to 330 (23 lbs of that has dropped in this past 9 days) so yes we'll worth it but man I would just about kill for a scrambled egg and some ricotta right now lol
pumpkin77
on 2/9/12 10:28 pm - Durham, NC
 Wow my doctor had me on liquids for a full 3 weeks after surgery!
Start weight 298  Surgery weight 265   

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 360 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 337 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 353 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?