MIXED BERRY BANANA PROTEIN SHAKE!

krislbt41
on 2/9/12 1:16 am - Center Line, MI
Mixed Berry Banana Protein Shake:

Add ice cubes to your blender, I like my shakes thick so I add about 10 cubes.  Put half a container of mixed berries (straw, rasp, and blueberries) in after the ice cubes.  Add a med. banana (break in half), if you are just making it for one person add about 8 oz of soy milk (I use Silk Vanilla Soy Milk), 100% Whey Protein (Isopure) add a tablespoon of olive oil or flaxseed, you can even add half a pack of Quaker Instant Plain Oatmeal to it. Put the blender on Grind or Crush which ever button you have on it, then press blend to mix everything well.  I drink about one shake every evening....got hubbie on drinking protein shakes too!  I need to be doing two a day, but if I don't I'll eat a Pure Protein bar which has 20g of protein in it.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 2/9/12 1:34 am - Baltimore, MD
Of this particular shake, you might want to limit to one a day. If you do up the stats, I think you'll find the carbs outweigh the protein. That's not necessarily bad, but you have a couple of servings of fruit in there, so I think one a day would probably be good!

Glad you found something you like. It sounds rather yummy.
Diana C.
on 2/9/12 4:27 am, edited 2/9/12 4:29 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 06/28/11 with
In place of the whole banana you could add a tablespoon (or two depending on size) of Sugar Free Banana pudding dry mix.  That would take some of the unnecessary carbs out but you'd still have the banana taste
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views