SURGERY WED. IM SCARED !!!

darlinjasa
on 2/11/12 11:15 am - FL
Any words of wisdom? I am doin this solo, husband deployed. Im very scared, but excited too. Please tell me anything and everything to do and not do! Im reading the site and my biggest confusion is vitamins.
I have what Im on, Dr gave me chewables, and friends said get liquid. I dont want to get deficient, whats worked for you all>?

What are good foods for first 2wks~what "liquidfoods" worked for you?
Zeigled
on 2/11/12 11:21 am - Parkton, MD
Step 1: Deep breath!!!
Step 2: Plan to take it EASY - no work - do laundry ahead of time, etc.
Step 3: Get liquids in but don't stress to much over anything else for the first 2 weeks. 
Step 4: As tolerated get in protein.
Step 5: As tolerated vitamens....when first out of surgery I need to take multi vitamen (1 a day) and 2 calcium citrate with vit D a day (one am one pm).

After a month I added iron and more multi vitamen and 2 more calciums.  I was getting B12 shots too.

Good Luck on surgery Wednesday.  See you on the flip side.
HW 357 SW 341   

darlinjasa
on 2/11/12 11:24 am - FL
THANK YOU!!! I am excited to feel healthy again after all of this. I appreciate all of your words of wisdom!
Barb H.
on 2/11/12 11:27 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
First of all, take a breath!!!

What you are going through is very common and emotionally the worst part of the whole process for most of us. I take chewable vitamins and do just fine with them. I'll be 3weeks out on your day. You should have gotten detailed instructions from your doctor with suggestions of what y can have that has the nutrients you will need. Take a close look at their recommendations. You probably don't want to stock up on large amounts of the powder protein up front because you tastes will likely change and you don't want to get stuck with a bunch you won't use. Vitalady.com is one place you can order samples of several types and the Vitamin Shoppe where I am also carries some.

Take care of yourself and keep us informed!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

darlinjasa
on 2/11/12 11:33 am - FL
GOOD IDEA on the powdered info. i was going out tomorrow to stock up. Dont think I will, I think i will get a small amt and check the VitaminShop too.

YOu are 3wks out? CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))) I cant wait to be where you are and have this past of it behind me.

PS..THat breath felt good,!
Barb H.
on 2/11/12 3:25 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
You will be there before you know it. I know, easy for me to say because I'm here, but if you can keep your focus on the big picture, it will help, even if it's just a little.

And yes, breathing has always proved pretty effective for me. LOLOLOL!!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

blondesunshine1
on 2/11/12 5:35 pm - MI
RNY on 02/13/12
Im going tomorrow and Im scared too! Im glad to see its normal. I mean I am excited but nervous at the same time. But this helps so much! Keep us updated!
Heidi T.
on 2/11/12 8:59 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 As everyone before me said you will be fine. Relax and take a breath..  I am 13 days post op and these are what I have tolerated pretty well:

Protein drink - they are fickle to me, one day goes good, the next not to much
Crystal light - yummy
Bottled water - I picked up 8oz bottles, to better help me track my fluids
Sobe- 20oz bottles- only the sobe 0
Sugar free pudding cups -  when everyone elese around you is eating, or you just need a change
Sugar free jello cup - same as above
Ice chips - when you feel like chewing -  also at first a great way to start your fluids if you are not feeling well- just suck on an ice cube, your belly is tricked like you are not even drinking.
vegitable broth - picked up canned - good taste changer and a can lasts like three days.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics