Is it possible?

Healthyforme
on 2/12/12 2:33 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
Ok, so I know htat anything is possible, but is it possible to get a hernia after only 3 weeks? I am going to my  dr tom to find out what this pain is but am fearful of what I will find out!

sknd34
on 2/12/12 2:39 am - West Fargo, ND
Where is your pain at??
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Healthyforme
on 2/12/12 2:42 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
It is lower left side and not the normal pain that i had after surgery, yesterday i went to sit down and felt like someone hit my in the side with a bat and it is burning. Been hurting for several days, its fine if i don't move which isn't really a big option with 4 kids. Trying to be a still as possible. Just frustrating. I don't have a gallbladder so I know its nothing to do with that!

ChristineB
on 2/12/12 2:41 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Did you have your surgery done laproscopically and where is the pain? The left side is where they put the larger instruments in and out of you when doing surgery. Many people hurt a lot in that area and also with the gas they use to blow up your belly. Try to walk more if you think it is gas as that will help your body get rid of it.

I think that it is too soon out for a hernia as you have to have strained yourself in order to cause a hernia.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

MarilynT
on 2/12/12 5:49 am

There are different kinds of hernias than those caused by activity. I had one called a Petersen's hernia which was caused by scar tissue formation and a tear in my mesentery. Not sure how quickly one of THOSE could develop because I'm not sure if they can be caused by other things; but in the case of the cause of MINE, that took years to develop. Also, the pain was EXCRUITIATING...so bad, I came home early from a dive vacation in Mexico.

OP: glad to hear you are going to the doctor about it; that is always best.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

aliassweets
on 2/12/12 2:44 am
I have had terrible pain in my left ribcage and they are testing me at end of month for acid reflux again. So it can be that also.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/12/12 2:52 am
I agree with Christine.  More than likely it is from the site where instruments and camera went in during lap surgery.

Winnie

Healthyforme
on 2/12/12 3:36 am - WI
RNY on 01/18/12
Well, I guess I will have to wait till tomorrow to see. I know that it isn't the pain after surgery at the incision site, I know that and this is def something diff, feels like something tore. If I move it starts shooting pain. Just frustrating! Thanks for the replies!
sknd34
on 2/12/12 4:05 am - West Fargo, ND
My entire left side hurt for about 3 1/2 weeks after surgery. Didn't start for about 1 week after surgery. It hurt to take a deep breath. It hurt to move. It hurt to do anything that required using that side of the abdomen. I wore an abdominal binder and that really helped a lot.
I hope you get good news from your doctor tomorrow.
Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
cedarstar
on 2/12/12 4:14 am - Manitoba, Canada
I'm sorry you're not feeling well and do hope you feel better soon. Until you get to the doctor rest and take it easy. Does applying heat help? Years ago I had a tubal ligation after the birth of my daughter. Within a few days at home I developed a pain in my side that would shoot up if I moved a certain way. Sleeping became difficult because I could not lay one my right side without it causing excruciating pain. In the end I had a very bad infection. A few days on antibiotics and I felt much better. Your doctor will know what is going on and I'll keep you in my prayers that it is something simple. Good Luck tomorrow! 

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?