Boiled peanuts

Duck_Girl
on 2/27/12 11:55 am
 I am boiling a batch of peanuts right now and cant wait for them to get done!!

Ok sorry carry on lol 

Myann
on 2/27/12 12:45 pm
RNY on 02/01/12

I  PEANUTS...tried to eat a few...got stuck......no more peanuts for a minute...LOL!

BugdocMom
on 2/27/12 1:24 pm - CA
Sooooo jealous!! I am in Southern California. Only get boiled peanuts when I visit home (FL/GA border). I had some at NewYears, gotta wait til this summer for more...so sad. Enjoy those!!!
RainDiva
on 2/28/12 3:24 am
I just moved to Georgia and I see boiled peanuts everywhere. I have never never had them. Are we ok to eat them?

BugdocMom
on 2/28/12 4:32 am - CA
I had no trouble eating them but, like all peanuts, they are high in fat and calories so you have to adjust for that.
Alicia T.
on 2/28/12 6:11 am
RNY on 01/25/12
So jealous! I haven't had those since I was a kid. My mom was from FL. I can never find raw peanuts in the shell here in CA. 
BugdocMom
on 2/28/12 6:41 am - CA
I DID find raw peanuts once. Was sooo excited. I tried to make the boiled peanuts. followed my mom's recipe by the number. They were horrible! Turns out you not only need raw peanuts, you need raw GREEN peanuts. I don't even know what that means. I figure I will just get them when I visit home...
Alicia T.
on 3/1/12 7:03 am
RNY on 01/25/12
That's good to know. I wonder when they're in season. Maybe I'll check around at local farmer's markets.
owlisn
on 2/28/12 8:36 am - NC
 I too am so jealous.  I'm also originally from South Georgia and love to have them in the fall at football games.  Mmmmmm, just thinking about them makes me think I  will have to get some while I am home this weekend!

I would think boiled peanuts would be easily tolerated since they are soft, but not the healthiest with all of the salt.  
Allison

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views