This surgery kicked my butt!

Nycm
on 2/28/12 3:44 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 I had my slipped Lap-Band out converted to RNY with hiatal hernia repair last Tuesday. I am still having pain on my left.  I just called work and requested another week off. Why is this so hard on me?

I was back at work 3 days after my lap-band and three weeks after my second and third c-sections.  This surgery is really kicking my butt!

I just got a re-fill on my pain meds.  With all my prior surgeries I was off of them before I left the hospital. I keep trying not to take them but then end up so cranky and not nice to be around because of the pain on my left side and the stupid allergic reaction I am having. 

I hope I am feeling better soon.  I know it will get better I just wi**** would happen sooner rather than later.

Christine

sarahmathis1681
on 2/28/12 3:47 am
RNY on 02/13/12
 u just had it a week ago trust me when i tell u it does getting better i was miserable my first week but by day 9 i was feeling much better im now 15 days post op and i still have ups and downs this is the worse surgery i have EVER had out of all of mine as far as pain and discomfort goes

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

jazzycatz
on 2/28/12 3:54 am - Joppa, MD
Ok, 8 days ago they removed your band from your stomach, then performed major abdominal surgery on you rearranging your insides, then repaired a hernia.  And you are not up singing, dancing and carrying on?  Shocking!

Teasing.  Seriously.  Give yourself a break.  Going to take a few weeks.  It's ok. 

Nycm
on 2/28/12 4:29 am
RNY on 02/21/12 with
 Lol!  Ouch, laughing hurts.  I needed that thanks!

Christine

HouptMom
on 2/28/12 4:24 am - PA
 I hope you feel better soon.  I am almost three weeks out and I do feel really good.  The first 10-12 days were really rough I thought.  I agree with you that the discomfort/pain was worse than my csections.  My left side didn't hurt.....my right side hurt a lot though.  I was very sore in and around the drain that I had.  I had a pain med refill at my one week postop surgeon appt. and was very glad I did.  At this point in time I feel very good overall.  My back and sides are a little achy, but nothing like the first week or two.  Going into this I thought it would be much less painful.  I am super glad to have had the RNY done, but there is definitely a recovery period!
Take good care and be gentle with yourself.....it will get better soon!

HW 267/SW 243/CW 177/ GW160

gabbyabby
on 2/28/12 5:07 am
It took me 3 weeks to get back to normal, and I just had the Rny nothing else.  It is major surgery and it is putting your body in shock.  Trust me at 6 1/2 months out I still believe it was all worth it.  Good luck on your progress.

Ladytazz
on 2/28/12 10:56 am
You sound like me.  I had hernia surgery on the 15th.  This is the second time I had to have it repaired.  With my first surgery it was so easy by th next day I forgot I had surgery.  No pain at all.  So of course I expected that again.  Then I woke up in the recovery room feeling like a train had hit me.  
I had surgery on a Wednesday and on Friday I was upset because I was still not feeling good and I was sleeping a lot and taking pain pills.  Hello?  I have a 5 in*****ision on my stomach.  I had to look at it and remind myself that I had major surgery.
Now it is not quite 2 weeks out and I do feel a lot better.  Not 100% but I have gone on a few bike rides so I must be feeling better.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

jdragr
on 2/28/12 12:39 pm - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
I had my post op today. My surgery will be 3 weeks tomorrow. And everything I questioned my doctor about he told me I was normal. Most of my pain is gone but I do sometimes hurt where my drain was. And I have never been this fatigued. He reminded me that I had major surgery and I probably would feel like myself until around 6 weeks. So, you are normal.
SW 296

Most Active
Recent Topics