pre-op must have ?

newdreams22
on 3/2/12 11:10 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
Hi, everyone i would like  to get some ideas of the most important things to buy and must have before surgery.. thanks for your help..
Evie
IrishIze
on 3/2/12 11:58 am - NJ

Many times your surgeon will give you a list of what you are allowed post-op, and you could sort of go off of that.  But, since you're asking, I would suggest a good protein powder or premixed drink.  You might want to try some out prior to surgery to see if you can find one you like.  Personally, I like Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla.  I mix 1 scoop with 1 cup with Calorie Countdown Choc milk.  This gives me 31 g protein. 

Also, I'd make sure I had broth, SF jello, in case you are on clear liquids for awhile.  

Once you're cleared for pureed foods, I would have in some ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, perhaps some refried beans.  My suggestion to anyone is to start off slowly...

When is your surgery?

Irish......  

newdreams22
on 3/6/12 10:13 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
thanks so much Irishle.. :) i am waiting for precert apprvl from insurance.  the worse part is thinking i will get denied..  scheduled for march 19..
Myann
on 3/2/12 3:47 pm
RNY on 02/01/12

Sugar Free Popsicles were my BFF for about a week post-op...they're still my "go to" when i need more fluids, and i've gotten tired of water...
Good Luck & God Speed!

newdreams22
on 3/6/12 10:15 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
thanks im so glad i signed up here for support and help because i can't do this alone..lol
Kaoz789
on 3/2/12 5:20 pm
 For surgery, I recommend Chapstick and body wipes.  Also, may want to pack your own feminine hygiene products. 

Post surgery, frozen pops, bullion cubes, protein drink shaker, body wipes and a chair for the shower (just for a couple days) oh and air deodorizer, fluffy blankie and teddy bear. 

Im completely serious about the teddy bear.

^_^

Most Active
Recent Topics