Four Days Post Op

Melissa G.
on 3/2/12 4:43 am - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12

I am four days post op and feeling pretty good, just super tired.  The removal of the Band and conversion to Roux-en-Y went well.  No major complications.  I am not sure how I feel yet, since I am still super bloated and sore from the insisions.  Will keep you posted.ext
I am not going to weigh until next week when I go to the Dr's.
Thank you everyone foryour words of support.

hoosierapple
on 3/2/12 4:46 am
Revision on 06/05/18

May you have a smooth and speedy recovery!

MissLisaD
on 3/2/12 5:34 am - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
So exciting! :) I hope you have a wonderfully quick recovery!
rhondanewme
on 3/2/12 5:51 am - Grantsboro, NC
Good luck with your journey Melissa- hope your journey continues on with smooth sailing all the way!
  HW- 297      SW- 280      GW- 178       LW-  184      CW- 190

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...

WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!
Skinnygirlme
on 3/2/12 5:56 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 So happy with your post! Good luck on the next few weeks! 
Barb H.
on 3/2/12 6:02 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
Hi Melissa!

I did the same thing revising from the band to RNY on January 25. From my experience, my recovery is sooooo much better than it was with the band. I'm just over 5 weeks out and starting to feel great. I felt ok before, just really low energy and stamina. I had one minor dumping issue because I didn't read the ingredients on some "natural" peanut butter. The first ingredient was Karo syrup. Oops!

Eating out has been my biggest challenge. We don't eat out much, but I tend to forget that I can't just eat what I want to when I want to. Duh! So my sweetie and I will order something we both like and I can eat, I'll take what I want from her plate and out it on a smaller one. This way I can have better control over my portions and not risk overheating.

So, congrats on your revision! Feel free to contact me if you have questions or just want to chat!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Melissa G.
on 3/2/12 8:59 am - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
Thank you everyone.  It really lifts my spirits to read others journeys.  And words of incouragement.

Most Active
Recent Topics