Hello!!!

Jenya37
on 3/2/12 10:52 am - Cloquet, MN
 I just wanted to say hello.  I have been reading religiously, hoping to gain as much knowledge as I can.  I am attending a seminar on March 7 and hoping to have surgery this year sometime.  I just want to thank you all for being here.  To know there is such a support group to find answers to questions that I haven't even thought of yet helps make a decision like this easier.  

I feel like the discision to have surgery is like filing bankruptcy. I see it as a last resort type of option. I am already catching grief from family members asking me not to do it.  I feel that this is a decision that I need to make, and that it's for me.  I am scared but I believe that (as long as I don't die) my chances of living a healthier happier life are greatly improved with the surgery.  I have three young boys ages 7, 3, and 8 mos. that I am struggling to keep up with.  I am asking my oldest son to help me a lot with the younger boys and I don't want him to carry the burden of my weight.  Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and thanks!

Jennifer
april89love
on 3/2/12 11:00 am - NC
Hope everything goes as planned. I don't regret my surgery one bit. I can keep up with my grandkids now.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

L. Matteson
on 3/2/12 11:18 am, edited 3/2/12 11:18 am
RNY on 07/02/12
I too have some family members who don't want me to have it. It all boils down to them having NO CLUE what we go through or how we suffer. They love to say, "Just eat right" or "just exercise". DUH, like we haven't done that one a million times. Yeah, we lost weight, then we gained it all back and THEN SOME. It just makes me mad at the temerity of these people. Until you've walked a mile in my shoes, leave my socks alone!!!

Sorry for the vent on your post.

momsal
on 3/2/12 11:19 am - PA
Hello

This is a decision that only you can make.      You are doing the right thing by getting all the info you can before making that decisiion.
Marilyn101
on 3/2/12 11:32 am - FL
This is not a easy decision to make, you are doing the right thing by researching , reading and learning as much as you can. I did the same for a long time then made the decision I thought right for me. I am glad I had the WLS for me it was the right thing to do for myself.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Dravens_Mommy
on 3/2/12 2:52 pm - VA
I just want to say that I am also going to my seminar on March 7. I hope to have my surgery by my birthday in June. I already know I don't have to do the 6 month diet but my work schedule is hard to get around to go to my appts. Good luck to you.
vicki.okc
on 3/2/12 8:39 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Jennifer!  You are on the right track!  I started with a seminar 11 months ago, let myself get pulled off track with other "stuff" and have regetted it every day!  Now, I'm scheduled for surgery either the first or second week of April and I'm thrilled with the decision that I have made.

It is hard when you don't have total support of your family, however, they are not the ones who have to deal with the weight issues on a daily basis.  You are young and have young children who need you at your VERY BEST - and we can't do it when we are dragging around dead weight!  But as my friend told me when we discussed my surgery "Vicki, this is ALL about you and what you want to do".  You need to find a polite way to tell your friends and family that you are doing this for YOU! 

So, get all of the info, find a good WLS support group (yes, even before surgery), find a WLS buddy and be prepared to start the ride of your life!  I'm 61 years old and I wish I had done this 30 years ago - but the past is the past and now I'm on my future track!  You will be too so give it your best shot!  And please keep posting so we know how you are doing!  Good luck ~ Vicki
Jenya37
on 3/2/12 10:02 pm - Cloquet, MN
 Thank you all for the support.  My husband is on board with my decision, I believe that is the most important thing, and my other family members will eventually come around (I hope.)  I am 37 years young and have a lot of living left to do!  I just hope that the process from seminar to actual surgery is smooth and quick!  I am ready!!!!

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics