Tomorrow!

kimberkim
on 3/4/12 6:33 am - Stouffville, Canada
I am so excited and nervous. Tomorrow is my surgery day!

The past two weeks of being on the liquid diet has been difficult (especially since day 6 was my birthday...no cake or restaurant dinner or popcorn at the movies). But I did it! I survived it. Can't wait to have eggs again.

Anyway, I want to know how you felt those first few days after surgery. I've read many posts and I know everyone's experience is different. But I don't think I've seen anyone's experience the first few days.

Hope to hear from you!

And ya...I'm a little OCD when it comes to emoticons...just love them!

boilerbabe003
on 3/4/12 6:43 am
Like everything else about this journey, the first couple of days are different for everyone.  My husband had surgery almost a year and a half ago (same surgeon & procedure) and his first few days were a breeze.  He was up and walking within hours of getting into his room and has not stopped since them.  He experienced very little pain and has breezed through the entire journey.  He is down 150 pounds.

My experience was almost the complete opposite.  I had a hard time with the anethesia and so I ended up sleeping for the first several days.  I was still in pain when I got home and reluctant to move around too much because I was completely exhausted for the first month or so.  I also had to go back in to have the opening stretched a couple of times before I was able to eat comfortably.  But now I am 6 moths out, down 75 lbs and feeling great.

I don't tell you all of this to scare you but rather to emphasize that everyone is different.  Go in with a positive attitude and know that you are going to do great because you are embarking on a journey that will undoubtedly change your life forever, for the better.

Good luck to you!!!

kimberkim
on 3/4/12 7:34 am - Stouffville, Canada
Thanks for responding! I am hoping to have an easy recovery like your husbands' (who isn't right?). But I want to know how others (yourself included), so that if it doesn't go smooth I am prepared for rough patches. I have a great support system. My friends are awesome and encouraging and sympathetic. I've had surgery in the past and recovered fine from the anesthesia. My surgery was for a broken elbow. Also had surgery for a broken ankle. But this surgery will be very different from those. They're touching vital organs etc. Nervous about that.

Thanks for sharing!

Sonogrrl
on 3/4/12 7:13 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I'm still pre-op but just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow!!!
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
kimberkim
on 3/4/12 7:34 am - Stouffville, Canada
Thank you!
Good luck to you too!
Trish V.
on 3/4/12 7:15 am - Gloversville, NY
RNY on 03/06/12
Yay! Congrats! Wishing you a safe surgery and quick recovery!

My surgery is on tuesday.

kimberkim
on 3/4/12 7:38 am - Stouffville, Canada
Best of luck to you too! May we all be so lucky in having a quicky and relatively painless recovery.

Melissa G.
on 3/4/12 9:26 am - Littleton, CO
RNY on 02/27/12
Donna D.
on 3/4/12 7:24 am - Cockeysville, MD
Congrats on your surgery tommorow I am praying for you to have a speedy recovery! I had my surgery on 12/29/11 @ 140pm I was in my room by 545pm when I started to wake up from the anestesia, I felt nauseated, but the nurse gave me something for it threw my IV, then I got up later that evening around 840pm and was walking around the hospital, and stayed walking ever since! Came home on 12/31/11( Yea Happy New Years) Had no problems sleeping in my bed, I only took my liquid narcotic 2 times while I was home recovering, and used tylenol during the day. I was exercising 1 week post op and have been ever since!! So I was one of the lucky ones! Good luck to you everything will work out!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

kimberkim
on 3/4/12 7:41 am - Stouffville, Canada
That's awesome! This is the kind of recovery I hope to have. Congratulations!

My surgery will be at 12:30pm. I was told it will take about 2 hours.

Thanks for your response!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views