Went to buy a bra....you've got to be kidding me!!

Zeigled
on 3/5/12 10:00 am - Parkton, MD
Well this weekend I went to get a new bra...I've lost enough that it's needed.  Ok - aside from the girls lighting up my feet instead of the road ahead, I had a terrible time measuring and finding the right size.  I measure the rib cage and I'm 40 inches.  I measure across the boobs in my saggy bra and there is a 2 inch difference -  ok - that's a B cup right.  So I trot off and get a few B's and went to try them on.  Well not only are they too small - once I pick up the girls and put them in they are squishing out the sides everywhere.  The I try to get the darn thing off over my head and that sucker goes thwapping off, hits the wall and when I put my hand up to protect my face from flying bras I stab myself in the forehead with my own fingernail.  Now I have what looks like a huge zit in the middle of my forehead and no bra.  What a day!

Just want to give folks a heads up to watch for flying bras during your shopping.
HW 357 SW 341   

twellington1
on 3/5/12 10:03 am - NH
Thank you for the visual you made me laugh.  On a serious note I went to Victoria Secret and they measured me then I went to a different store to buy cheaper bras...

illinois Gama D.
on 3/5/12 10:07 am
OMG, that is hysterical, the tears are rolling down my cheeks laughing so hard, thank you for the blow by blow details & for letting me have a laugh at your expense!!LOL,,, i went to Von Maur to get professionl fitted, it was great, no charge to fit you but bra's can be pricy, i  bought one and ordeered more off ebay at a much lower price, Penneys also does a pretty darn good fitting,good luck

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/5/12 10:08 am - OH
 Ok, now I'm dying to know... why were you trying to take the bra off over your head instead of just unfastening it..?  Far less dangerous, LOL.

When the breasts sag so much it is quite difficult to measure them accurately, so you are definitely not alone in having trouble trying to determine a new bra size.  The other challenge for SOME of us who still end up with large bust lines is that they require heavy duty support to keep them up where they belong and it is hard to find bras that are supportive enough and that accommodate breasts that have a lot of excess, crepe-y skin that needs hidden and where the breast is no longer naturally the shape it needs to be once IN the bra. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Zeigled
on 3/5/12 10:22 am - Parkton, MD
Well I tried getting it off by unhooking it but it was too tight and one my shoulders was hurting a bit trying to reach behind.  Frankly, I was just trying to get it off quickly.

I guess I'll have to be professionally measured somewhere - hopefully they will be familiar with 'our' issues.
HW 357 SW 341   

Jane N.
on 3/5/12 10:15 am - Round Rock, TX
Ha ha ha!  That's awesome! 

It took me a while to figure out my size.  C cups were too small and I looked kind of deflated in D cups.  I kept searching until I found one that seems more in between than most cups.  Brands are so contrary aren't they?  I still remember fondly my perky size B boobs pre-weight gain.

Bellarella
on 3/5/12 10:22 am

Thanks for sharing your story! Just the chuckle I needed after a looong day of work. It reminded me of my first experience with shapewear in the fitting room. I was trying to pull on the camisole-type thing over my head and down and got myself trapped in a very awkward position with arms up and nowhere to go. I called for my daughter who was waiting outside and we wrestled the thing off. I stared at in defeat for awhile before I noticed the tag that recommends stepping into it and pulling up. Ahhh... That was better. Aren't our new bodies fun?!!

IrishIze
on 3/5/12 10:33 am - NJ
So funny!  I always joke that after the surgery I went from a 44D to a 38 LONG.....

You might want to spend the money to get one or two good bras from a lingere shop where they will measure you and find the correct size and fit.  Sometimes it's a bit expensive, but well worth it when you see how much better you'll look (and feel) in a bra that fits correctly.
Irish......  

grmadeb01
on 3/5/12 10:36 am - FL
thank you so much for the laugh..i was laughing with you not at you...but yes its funny what our new bodies do to us
debby
LJ1972
on 3/5/12 10:45 am - FL
I just went through this myself!! well... minus the attack of the brassiere. LOL
I found a 36 and knew my C just wasn't working anymore, so I got a B. No good trying to fold everything up there! Back to my old ****il I figure out something different
Most Active
Recent Topics